Most lucrative item?

Started by Geertje123, February 26, 2015, 06:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geertje123

Quote from: MsMeiriona on March 01, 2015, 09:30:59 PM
Also, if you can keep your alcoholic little brats from drinking it all before the traders get to you, beer is a good income.

Lock a teetotaler in the hops fridge with the brewing stand and a trade beacon, micromanaging through their production, then letting them out and locking the door behind them.

Maybe have an airlock so you can avoid accidental invasion.

Look, they go for the beer like ants to sugar.

I have bad experience with this. It takes a lot of time to brew and every beer sells only for $1,50.

So from my experience so far it's just not lucrative to sell anything growable. Art is currently still a nr 1 for me

Andy_Dandy

Quote from: Vexare on February 26, 2015, 12:59:37 PM
Quote from: akiceabear on February 26, 2015, 08:20:54 AM
Quote(Suggestion: Mysterious Blight should cut current growth in half with a large amount of randomness, rather than outright killing everything.)

+1

+2

I actually like how the possibility of a Mysterious Blight makes my prioritise harvesteing as soon as possible, often cutting the Corn down at 70-80% growth in some cases (when I really can't afford the crops to fail). So the event indeed has its game purposes. If it should be weakened a little bit, or attack one kind of Crop at the time or something else is another issue, but I like the concept.

MsMeiriona

Quote from: Geertje123 on March 02, 2015, 03:18:39 AM
Quote from: MsMeiriona on March 01, 2015, 09:30:59 PM
Also, if you can keep your alcoholic little brats from drinking it all before the traders get to you, beer is a good income.

Lock a teetotaler in the hops fridge with the brewing stand and a trade beacon, micromanaging through their production, then letting them out and locking the door behind them.

Maybe have an airlock so you can avoid accidental invasion.

Look, they go for the beer like ants to sugar.

I have bad experience with this. It takes a lot of time to brew and every beer sells only for $1,50.

So from my experience so far it's just not lucrative to sell anything growable. Art is currently still a nr 1 for me
It is the best choice overall, but having something to sell to every kind of trader that shows up in range is key to being able to make money. If you have 30 sculptures and no exotic traders, it's not going to help you. So after a certain point, change it to wood weapons, cloth cowboy hats(or some other clothing item), and stone blocks or some other bulk goods storage. I find it best to do a "make until you have X" for any item to sell, unless you've tweaked trader frequency to be higher.