Extreme Heatstroke (with no heat).

Started by Fistandantillus7, March 27, 2018, 09:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fistandantillus7

I had a caravan come back from an expedition and when one of my pawns got to the door he collapsed from extreme heatstroke. Except it was 30°C; and none of my other pawns had any signs of heatstroke. So a doctor rescued him and put him in a hospital bed in an air conditioned room at 21­°C. No treatment could be offered. I have had pawns with heatstroke before, you get them inside and they recover. It has been over 15 days however, and this pawn's condition has not changed: he is still in a coma = 10% consciousness. Is this a bug? Is this a thing in the game? Did I do something wrong? The strange way the heatstroke appeared out of the blue has me thinking this cannot be right...

Any help?
Evil reptilian kitten eater from another planet.

Fistandantillus7

So I go into development mode to see if there is anything I can do. God mode looks promising, but no it only builds stuff for free. Oh well, back to playing the game...

...and my pawn wakes up. WTF!
Evil reptilian kitten eater from another planet.

Vlad0mi3r

Going on for 15 days sounds like a bug.

Unless they are waring something like a Alpaca wool parka and you just happen to have the heat set at 10+ over the temp threshold for the parka. Strip'em off and see what happens.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

fritzgryphon

Maybe the colonist spent time in a room that was hot.  Generators, smelters, incinerators, etc can generate extreme temperatures in a small room, and the pawns won't leave while they are working.  Note that some objects only produce heat while in operation.
The human page on the wiki says comas can be permanent.

Shurp

devmode / replace torso should fix it
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.