Constant Pauses / Lag Bug (cont.)

Started by Tiolas, May 05, 2015, 07:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiolas

Had a previous post on this but it was closed due to a delay in response (sorry) - https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12791.0

Put the game aside for a little since this bug occurred. Honestly didn't anticipate such a quick response.

As requested, I have attached the save and world file. If any further information is required I will be watching this space.

As far as recreating this bug:
- My previous 'session' before this bug occurred was well over an hour. The affected colony is on Year 4.
- The constant lag did not appear to be an issue before my last save (as attached).
- The lag occurs in bursts around every 4 seconds while on the highest fast-forward setting.

I've included two save files.
- 'New Guile Passage2' is where I am experiencing the above issue.
- 'New Guile Passage3' was previously an AutoSave file from the session before my last session with this colony. I noticed when loading this file the same pause is also apparent, but the pause/lag itself is very minor.

Hope that helps and makes sense...

[attachment deleted due to age]

Tiolas

Is anyone else having this issue at all?

I can't even play this save as it happening so consistently, it's practically unplayable  :-\

RickyMartini

I never had such an issue, but I guess the dev will look at your save file.

Tynan

Awesome base!

I've managed to find a problem, it's true. I'll address it but I'm afraid you'll have to wait for Alpha 11 to be fixed.

However, you can mitigate this by canceling your halted constructions. All those blueprints without resources are causing performance problems. Just cancel them until you get the resources to build them.

Thanks for reporting!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog