A few ideas for how combat works

Started by mokonasakura, June 23, 2015, 11:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mokonasakura

First, I would like to see a guard "skill" so I can have my guys sitting watching for targets but still being allowed to go eat when necessary without me having to micro it.

Second, friendly fire should not be a thing if your colonist is standing still, it should only be possible if they are moving.

Third, if it would be dangerous to attack, don't let my colonists attack. Having them throw a grenade at their feet is really annoying.

Four, a way to deal with giant mobs of enemies, currently its rocket launcher or pray your turret explosion kills them all. I guess something like an flame turret to set everyone who gets close on fire.

Fifth, Turrets should be able to be placed on top of wall, for protection from the hordes of melee enemies that come running at them.

Sixth, I should be able to carry both a melee weapon and a ranged weapon.

Last, in challenge and extreme difficulty I would like it to stop giving me warnings that a raid is happening.

keylocke

i think grenades should have a minimum range for shooting, just like mortars, to avoid self annihilation.

this is one of the reasons i barely use grenades anymore. they got crappy range, they can't shoot if personal shield is active (iirc), and they need to be micromanaged.

so much easier decision to give someone a normal gun rather than a grenade.