Infantry Weapons

Started by Trensicourt, January 05, 2014, 09:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkourwalrus

Or one fleshed out tech level and nine with depth that does not really matter because it's not buildable.

palandus

An AGM isn't overkill Galileus. A MIRV or a MOAB is overkill. Though against infantry, maybe. Though you could also say anything with enough fear-inducing power behind it, such as a Minigun, or a Flamethrower, or a Naked Scotsman wielding a claymore screaming like a madman running right at you. 

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Galileus on January 07, 2014, 07:32:15 PM
Quote from: parkourwalrus on January 07, 2014, 06:28:12 PM
Dieselpunk should be a tech level, you know: caveman tech level, medieval tech, napoleonic tech, Dieselpunk tech,modern tech(What we have now), future tech(The r-4 and near future stuff), post-fall tech(relics from an age of endless, destructive war), and transcendent tech(psionics, ethereal implants, dimensional warps, and other cool stuff).

As long as the deadline for that module is set to 10 years from now, I can back it up. Or if Sid Meier drops by to say "Hi Tynan, take my staff and command them as your own!".

Let's get what we have up to speed first. I would much rather see one well flushed out civ level, than ten of them with no depth to speak of.

edit:
My post was glitched, sorry guys /:.
We all know there is going to weapons for many different tech levels.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Galileus

Quote from: palandus on January 07, 2014, 10:33:25 PM
An AGM isn't overkill Galileus. A MIRV or a MOAB is overkill. Though against infantry, maybe. Though you could also say anything with enough fear-inducing power behind it, such as a Minigun, or a Flamethrower, or a Naked Scotsman wielding a claymore screaming like a madman running right at you.

I don't know, AGM sounds pretty much overkill for someone I would call a "barbarian" :D You would expect such people to be unorganised, poorly equipped and generally stinky... idea of seeing them every year in suits, all smiling and shaking hands in suits, gathering for the next AGM feels like quite an overkill for barbarians :P

palandus

Are we talking of Air-to Ground Missiles or Annual General Meetings, now?

Galileus

Both, obviously. No General Meating is complete with no missiles!