FTL+rimworld

Started by killer117, August 23, 2015, 10:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codexehow

I could see something like this being implemented at the end of the development cycle. Kind of like how in that version of Sim City you could have multiple cities going at once that connect to each other. It would be cool to be able to send three colonists off to start a new colony once your original colony has X colonists.

This would require a ton less work than the OP's suggestion, I think.

Toggle

Eh, my point is that having a ship mechanism and spaceship battles and such would be a new game, as it might use a quarter of rimworlds content, maybe more maybe less, but introduce new game mechanics and content. It's better to focus on the planet as there most of the content would still apply.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

killer117

Thats just a portion of my idea. Yeah theyll be all this stuff to do with planets, but what if they'res a mechanoid hive nearby bothering u. Then go out there and take it down. U can build stations, live in space, or find another planet to mess with, ect. Its whole universe of gameplay i want to put in. Not just with planets, but with so much other stuff as well
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

Toggle

Quote from: killer117 on August 26, 2015, 06:46:42 PM
Thats just a portion of my idea. Yeah theyll be all this stuff to do with planets, but what if they'res a mechanoid hive nearby bothering u. Then go out there and take it down. U can build stations, live in space, or find another planet to mess with, ect. Its whole universe of gameplay i want to put in. Not just with planets, but with so much other stuff as well

Exactly... and that would make it like a whole new game, if you had a whole universe to play in while in space.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

shenzya

we can make the ship but he can't fly

old screen from alpha 8

DaemonDeathAngel

What you're effectively saying is you want an alternate way to restart with more of an edge.

killer117

Thats one thing, and yeah tvat ships something like what im thinking for building ships. But as well as just starting on new workds with old colonists and stuff, i want to add more as well. Such as astroids. I want to add areas were, imagine a regular rimworld map, except ur ships there, like the one built above, and theres only black for a background, with maybe some stars. U can send ur guys out in pressurized suits, with limited oxygen to make it a little more interesting. And they can go out, and mine the asteroids. They're like a mountain area in the backdrop. U can mine presious matirials from these, or use them to build a space station on it, with the occasional pirate ship coming by to make life interesting
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

Cpt.Fupa

Maybe they will make a game like that after rimworld is finished

killer117

darkrage000

so let me get this straight... flushing any of the special verbage to spice it up..

you want us to build our colony, then build a ship, fly to another planet and... go down and build another colony again?
When we already have an entire planet to explore?

one word...

meh

killer117

Yeah u can, but u can also mine or colonize astroids. Fight other space ships, expand, upgrade and live in ur ship, attack mechanoid hives, orbital bomb the odd tribal or pirate (or outlander town  ;) ) and u gotta survive in ur ship by stocking up food, or growing it. Gotta stockpile weapons, ready to fight off boarders. U can attack pirate ships, traders, mechanoid ships, or even glitterworld ships. Live in ur own impactable universe, a rimworld open world RPG.

ratboys

Quote from: thesecats on August 23, 2015, 10:32:35 PM
its a cool idea but impossible, i think it should be when your ship takes of you can land again on a different planet.
i don't like when people say things are impossible. nothings impossible! JUST DO IT!