Invasive Plants

Started by hector212121, February 24, 2016, 05:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hector212121

Make it so some plants you plant grow and spread like wildfire, maybe? Potatoes? Cotton? Something? Maybe randomization on that?

Thane

Eh, would have to be an event with some sort of useless 'weed' entity. I would TRY and get potatoes to cover the world without colonists having to work. Who wouldn't?
It is regular practice to install peg legs and dentures on anyone you don't like around here. Think about that.

skullywag

Purple ivy
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6961.0
Will be making a return in A13, baring any crazy breakages. I have it working on A12 but am waiting for A13.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Vagabond

Anyone ever read Anne McCaffrey's Pern novels?

Think "Thread" fall.

Anyone ever played Alpha Centauri?

Think Xenofungus and Mindworms.

Anyone ever played Starcraft?

Think creep.

Put them all together and you have a pretty awesome event  that spawns in nasty non-sapient lifeforms.

Thane

Pern! Great novels though parts of them were only one letter off the title....
It is regular practice to install peg legs and dentures on anyone you don't like around here. Think about that.

Vagabond

Quote from: Thane on February 29, 2016, 02:00:21 AM
Pern! Great novels though parts of them were only one letter off the title....

Hehe. I caught that. Think about who writes them though. Who wrote the vampire chronicles (interview with a vampire, vampire lestat, QotD, Armand, ect.). They are horny old ladies gettin' their freak out and makin' money with it. At least they are real stories with substance, unlike all them super smut books targeted as sexually oppressed middle aged caucasian women.