Months

Started by Freeadama89, April 17, 2016, 09:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeadama89

How hard would it be to mod the months back into the game and still keep the day lengths the same? For me it was kind of annoying to see that 12 months ended up being replaced with 4 seasons. It's just a personal preference because I hate seeing, for example, Joe Smith's birthdate being the 12th day of Fall rather then the 12th day of lets say August. At the same time I do like the day lengths as they are now as my rig can handle the larger maps so that's the ones I always play.

Unfortunately, time is deeply hard coded so changing the length of any time scale (day length, season/month length, year length) would require a lot of research and changing/detouring many functions.  Not that is an impossible task, just that it would take a lot of work.

Your first steps would be to open up Assembly-CSharp.dll in a decompiler (such as IlSpy or dotPeek) and look for constant values matching the day/month/season/year length as well as the game date and time functions.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.