[WIP] [A13] Rimstation13 (v0.6) Bringing SS13 to Rimworld (Playable)

Started by Bendigeidfran, January 31, 2016, 02:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob_Namg

For Dropbox you can make an account w/ your email, verify, and then when it tells you to download the app just go back to the home page. You can manage and upload stuff from the browser page. Also you can use goo.gl to keep track of how many people download your files.
"Hon hon hon"
-Anonymous, France

Bendigeidfran

Quote from: FisherEx on February 26, 2016, 05:14:29 PM
This is quite good actually, thanks. I always thought that ss13 tiles will look well in rimworld. And wall mounted lights is what really lacks in vanilla rimworld.

I know that mod is still unfinished, but still, stool is looking terrible. Also, light bulb is pretty angular and both light sources are with standing lamp description on it. Great work by the way, thanks again.

Thanks, i'm glad you like it. I'm aware that nothing has a custom description or is balanced for vanilla yet, i'm focusing on getting all the main content in first before handling stuff like that. I agree about the light bulb but as for the stool I have no idea what to do to it, it looks basically the same as in SS13.

FisherEx

Quote from: Bendigeidfran on February 29, 2016, 06:46:23 AM
Quote from: FisherEx on February 26, 2016, 05:14:29 PM
This is quite good actually, thanks. I always thought that ss13 tiles will look well in rimworld. And wall mounted lights is what really lacks in vanilla rimworld.

I know that mod is still unfinished, but still, stool is looking terrible. Also, light bulb is pretty angular and both light sources are with standing lamp description on it. Great work by the way, thanks again.

Thanks, i'm glad you like it. I'm aware that nothing has a custom description or is balanced for vanilla yet, i'm focusing on getting all the main content in first before handling stuff like that. I agree about the light bulb but as for the stool I have no idea what to do to it, it looks basically the same as in SS13.

Well, why not to remove the stool completely? Vanilla already have chairs and armchairs and ss13 one is just duplicating existing one's functionaluty. Or, I dont know how to do it exactly for rimworld, you can take original space station sprite and outline it in similar color scheme to make smoothly looking new sprite.

Bendigeidfran

Quote from: FisherEx on March 01, 2016, 07:42:06 AM
Well, why not to remove the stool completely? Vanilla already have chairs and armchairs and ss13 one is just duplicating existing one's functionaluty. Or, I dont know how to do it exactly for rimworld, you can take original space station sprite and outline it in similar color scheme to make smoothly looking new sprite.

Actually everything in this mod duplicates existing functionality. The point is purely to add the stuff from SS13 so adding new sprites is outside of the scope of the mod and i'm not a very good artist anyway. I still don't see anything wrong with the stool, it just looks like the stool from SS13 which it's supposed to. I'll try to clean it up a bit but there's no point removing it.

FisherEx

Quote from: Bendigeidfran on March 01, 2016, 08:45:18 AM
Quote from: FisherEx on March 01, 2016, 07:42:06 AM

Actually everything in this mod duplicates existing functionality. The point is purely to add the stuff from SS13 so adding new sprites is outside of the scope of the mod and i'm not a very good artist anyway. I still don't see anything wrong with the stool, it just looks like the stool from SS13 which it's supposed to. I'll try to clean it up a bit but there's no point removing it.

Everything except lights and windows.

Bendigeidfran

No the lights and windows duplicate existing functionality also. The code behind the lights is almost a carbon copy of the vanilla lamp, I just made it rotatable and changed a couple of variables. The windows are just walls that allow light through.

FisherEx

Quote from: Bendigeidfran on March 01, 2016, 11:45:08 AM
No the lights and windows duplicate existing functionality also. The code behind the lights is almost a carbon copy of the vanilla lamp, I just made it rotatable and changed a couple of variables. The windows are just walls that allow light through.

The lights are rotatable which makes it different from standing lamp. And there is no windows in vanilla, or any other light transmissive walls either. So, it's quite a new.

Bendigeidfran

Anything can be rotatable and anything can block light, you just have to add a single line to change either of them, it requires nothing new at all. By the way, I cleaned up the bulb and stool sprites perhaps they look a little better now.

Bendigeidfran

I tested it and it works fine with the new version, I'll update the description. If there's anything you'd like me to add to the mod let me know and I'll add it as soon as I have time. As it stands it has everything in it that I wanted originally but I'm willing to keep adding to it as long as people want me to.

FisherEx

Bendigeidfran

I'm not sure it's good enough. I guess I could. Hell, why not. Do let me know if there's anything I should add.