O.O

Started by Thane, April 17, 2016, 12:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thane

So I've been playing a colony for about Four years and I have a married couple Ameilia 'Engie' Flais and Henry Wilson. Who have stuck together through thick and thin. They really make up the backbone of the colony. Then for some reason I get a wanderer.

It's Guy Wilson. Henry's father.

Apparently at some point Engie had killed one of Guy's biggest rivals. So he loved her right off the bat. A few day's later he attempts to woo her. HE ATTEMPTS TO WOO HIS SON'S WIFE! It doesn't work, thankfully, but man Henry had some sort of scumbag father!

Maybe that's why Henry will only hunt, recruit and research. It isn't because he was a noble. That's a lie. His father scarred the poor boy.

Also, I had another couple Fred and Anna. They didn't get along, not sure why they married in the first place. Then Fred divorces Anna. He kicks Anna out of the room. There are no spare beds. Anna sleeps on the floor for who knows how long until I notice. Anna hates Fred now.
It is regular practice to install peg legs and dentures on anyone you don't like around here. Think about that.

mumblemumble

I wish flirting with a taken person caused a relationship penalty to the lover,  and that it was just a little less common..
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Mufflamingo

Ikr, my dude Bryan just made a harem of 3 female colonist. 1 his wife Diane, 2 affairs Katrina and Lily. His wife died and proposed to Katrina the next day. I can't believe that dude. =/ He still has Lily if Kat dies tho. :< xDDDDD
Bleeeee. . . . .

Thane

Bryan is an anime protagonist! That is just awesome honestly. Do you have two double beds set up so he can switch off night to night? Preferably in the same room?

Honestly though, I hope he gets a limb blown off in the next raid. XD
It is regular practice to install peg legs and dentures on anyone you don't like around here. Think about that.

Mufflamingo

Quote from: Thane on April 17, 2016, 04:59:05 PM
Bryan is an anime protagonist! That is just awesome honestly. Do you have two double beds set up so he can switch off night to night? Preferably in the same room?

Honestly though, I hope he gets a limb blown off in the next raid. XD

His THING only belongs to his waifu. The others always sleep on a different room, so they always have that WANT TO SLEEP WITH. . . mood buff. But I wish there was a larger bed for harems. :333
Bleeeee. . . . .

Thane

Update: Henry has found a lover and tried to abandon Engie even after her faithfulness. I see the scuminess runs in the family.

I did not allow it. He still sleeps with his wife and I have changed his lover's schedule to a night shift. I will absorb the negative 5 mood loss and I shall not allow affairs to persist here in Pine view!

Edit: I have forced Henry to remember why he married her. Locked them in a nice room with a comfy bed, nice table and chairs, chess and pool tables, food and booze. I will keep them in their until they love each other again. So far it's working.

Dspendragon

This is the reason I read the rimworld forums its the shit that happens in other peoples games. 
Quote from: Thane on April 23, 2016, 09:21:08 AM

Edit: I have forced Henry to remember why he married her. Locked them in a nice room with a comfy bed, nice table and chairs, chess and pool tables, food and booze. I will keep them in their until they love each other again. So far it's working.
This is Rimworld people, Where cannibals ware pink helmets and nudest decide to go outside when its -59F, And where shit happens. Its anything but fare or balanced, Lady Luck rolls a 1000-sided dice and 80% of that dice says"Death"on it. Your job is keeping your people alive in bad rolls. Good Luck.

cultist

Gotta admire your commitment to monogamy. Probably won't help though. :D

I could be wrong, but it feels like the pawn romance system is just a slightly more advanced version of the animal mating system. Male initiates romance on anything female close by, boom romance. Or in most cases not, but it doesn't seem driven by anything. Males will essentially just attempt to romance any female regardless of circumstance. Even worse, they will often make repeated attempts on the same person in quick succession, driving their relationship down for no good reason.