[Project] Toxic World - Total Conversion

Started by Untrustedlife, February 10, 2014, 01:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Untrustedlife

It is stated in the back stories of some colonists that some come from "Toxic Worlds" where toxic slime covers the surface and you are unable to survive outside.And live in compounds built into the ground.

I Give you:

The Toxic World Mod

I am making a total conversion for this.

Current Features:

I included My royal Bed Mod.

I have it set up that you cannot farm outside (but you can farm inside by building "farm plots" inside which cost large amounts of metal),

No plants grow outside Either.

and being outside gives a constant  debuff,

and toxic slime now replaces sand
(which is almost impossible for colonists to walk through, (but they can very slowly, and they get an even bigger debuff from being in the slime , and colonists will either not go across slime, or path around it.)

Planned Features:
I plan to, possibly change the colors of a few of the carpets and add utility items (such as statues)

Once it is possible I will replace the current creatures with insect based toxic-adapted creatures.

So instead aof a boomrat, you will get a boom-beatle, instead of a muffalo you will get a Giant Cockroach etc.

New weapons? New look for raiders?
all are possibilities.

Once I re-skin the slime I will go ahead and release teh first version of it.
(I don't have the time however, expect it within a few days)

The toxic slime and survival aspects work perfectly.  ;) (within the limits of the current alpha of course)

Expect me to keep updating it for as long as I can.

Releases:
I won't be releasing it until Tuesday
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Evul

TimMartland

Any pictures? I really want to see how this looks so far!
'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying'
-Arthur C. Clarke'
'Needs moar boosters!'
-Jebadiah Kerman

Jones-250

Skill,
  Cohesion
      and a Forward spirit.