I don't even...

Started by CakeOP101, August 27, 2016, 05:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CakeOP101

Well, basically, I don't know what to do.
I really don't.
I just keep on getting stuck on what scenarios to choose, what biome to choose and what terrain to choose.
Please, help.
I also normally play RR challenge/extreme

TL;DR
Suggest me what scenario, biome and terrain to play on. I am an indecisive person.

Andy_Dandy

Start as tribe, Be 1 person, start with nothing at all, a cold boreal forest with temp. average -8 to -10 celsius. Extreme difficulty Cassandra (or RR). I love it!

CakeOP101

Tried it, got rekt immediately by the arrival of manhunter packs.

Craig1020

Use that carefully prepare mod and try creating yourself and some of your friends in it. Restrict the max age to like mid 20's or something. This makes a big difference cause you really get attached to characters and find yourself double checking every decision

Ambigore

I like to play the default scenario, with the first 3 colonists given to me. I then random select a biome, and try to play from there. I see it more as creating a survival story for the first 3 colonists, rather than trying to make the perfect colony.

cultist

Retirement home colony - starting colonists must be age 70 or above. Must have at least one age-related disability.
Hauling animals will be a big plus, so you'll want a map with a decent amount of animals and a good trainer.

Shurp

My preference is the classic three survivor start on a tundra with Cassandra challenge.  That helps me get the colony up and running (Cassandra doesn't hit too hard yet and I can farm outside my first summer).  And with Tundra I can look forward to growing copious devilstrand inside later on.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

keylocke

1 man incapable of almost everything + 99 chinchillas.

CakeOP101

Quote from: Craig1020 on August 27, 2016, 06:59:51 AM
Use that carefully prepare mod and try creating yourself and some of your friends in it. Restrict the max age to like mid 20's or something. This makes a big difference cause you really get attached to characters and find yourself double checking every decision
Sounds cool, but RR obviously gonna f something up :D I'll try it out