Steam Key, Oops?

Started by TonyKuremento, July 15, 2016, 03:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyKuremento

So I purchased the game in 2015 and was 200% sure I wasn't going to get a key, so I bought the game. Then I got the email saying I get a key and got a key. It is totally fine if I give that key to my friend since I've technically bought the game twice now--once pre-Steam and once on Steam--right?

milon

Yes, you have bought the game twice now.  And that should be totally fine to give the Steam key you just bought to a friend.  I'm not sure what the process is (I'm a Steam n00b), but someone else can help you out.  If worst comes to worst, go to the Missing Your Download Email sticky thread and email the Ludeon gmail account for help.

TonyKuremento

Quote from: milon on July 15, 2016, 03:39:07 PM
Yes, you have bought the game twice now.  And that should be totally fine to give the Steam key you just bought to a friend.  I'm not sure what the process is (I'm a Steam n00b), but someone else can help you out.  If worst comes to worst, go to the Missing Your Download Email sticky thread and email the Ludeon gmail account for help.

Ok, I just wanted to make sure. I technically would be giving the friend the key I got in the email from Ludeon because I didn't know I would get the game and thus bought it on Steam, no key involved on my part in that purchase. I just wanted to make sure because the email said to please not give the key away. I know I could have technically refunded the Steam purchase and just used the key on myself but, well my friend wanted the game anyway and I consider the game to be pretty dang good so why not spend the extra, have a happy friend and support a great company and game.

milon

On second thought, you should email Ludeon support anyway.  Both keys would be tied to your email address (or your forum email & your Steam email).  If you're going to gift it, the copy you're giving away really should be attached to your friend's email instead.