Why is my colonist not able to move?

Started by Rust, July 17, 2016, 08:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rust

Sorry for all these newb questions, but this bothers me.

So my colony's chief Hunter and Animal Handler got the business end of a pump shotgun and lost a leg. I put in a peg leg and she was okay for about half a day, then needed rescuing again. Now she isn't moving from her bed at all.

Is it the Carcinoma? I hate to lose her, but the latest pirate raid claimed the arm and leg of my cook and chief doctor so I really don't have the means for long term care right now.

NightingaleSGT

Rust

Well bugger.

Now the question is do I euthanize her or let her die in peace. The Negative Moodlet is going to suck either way right now.

EDIT: Decided to euthanize after constructing a sarcophagus for her (Pirates get holes in the ground). Didn't realize until she was in that the sarcophagus was considered a work of art. Of what art...

MY HEART IS BREAKING!

Wex

You can also give her a second peg leg...
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Chibiabos

Quote from: Wex on July 17, 2016, 10:17:20 PM
You can also give her a second peg leg...

The Bad Back also cripples movement.  She may not have been able to move even after a second pegleg, though wood is cheap, mighta been worth it to try if she has useful functions that didn't require much walking like research or something.
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

Rust

She was the Hunter. It's pretty much all she was good at.

Wex

Quote from: Xaiver010 on July 17, 2016, 10:39:22 PM
Did you not see it said
MOVEMENT: NONE
Yes, and that is precisely the reason of my suggestion. She should be able to move at 10%, with both peg legs and bad back.
Would work for an artist or a crafter. A hunter... no. Out of luck.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

b0rsuk

You could give her a bionic leg at some point. But if you think she's a waste of food, I can't stop you. Two bionic legs would more than make up for bad back.

Rust

She's been euthanized and the colony has burned to the ground shortly after. Pirate raid throwing Molotovs, killed two other colonists, made off with my one-armed chef, and left Ruthless to his own devices, dealing with a gutshot without benefit of a doctor.

He woke up briefly to realize his hospital room was ablaze. He tried to run, but collapsed in pain out the door.

Mkok