No corn debuff?

Started by Shurp, July 17, 2016, 10:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shurp

So I had this Pemmican lying around that I wanted my colonists to eat so I forbade all the meals lying around.  To my surprise my colonists went after the corn instead, and aren't receiving any raw food eaten penalties for eating it.  This is surprising.  Has this been going on for a while?  If so, why am I bothering to cook food?

(and what sort of genetically engineered corn is this that makes raw corn easily edible for humans?)
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Chibiabos

Quote from: Shurp on July 17, 2016, 10:05:11 PM
So I had this Pemmican lying around that I wanted my colonists to eat so I forbade all the meals lying around.  To my surprise my colonists went after the corn instead, and aren't receiving any raw food eaten penalties for eating it.  This is surprising.  Has this been going on for a while?  If so, why am I bothering to cook food?

(and what sort of genetically engineered corn is this that makes raw corn easily edible for humans?)

They'll also eat the raw corn before Simple Meals.  I reported this in the bug report forum on this thread:  https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=21486.0;topicseen
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

Garlandgreeneyes

I find your post funny.  Because freshly picked corn can be eaten raw in the real world, it tastes great, I've done it many times.  Not from the grocery store, from a roadside stand, just shuck it, rinse it off, and eat it.  It's delicious.  This can be done with almost all vegetables.

Mutineer

It is not a bug, some raw food can be eaten with out bad effect, Corn and berries are one of examples. This is true in real life and in a game.

muffins

A simple meal requires 10 foods to make while eating a meal of corn requires 14 corn. Neither has buffs or debuffs but meals are more efficient with raw ingredients.

Snownova

Corn, like berries has no debuff when eaten raw. I'm pretty sure it's in the description.

ThreeMartiniLaunch

I've noticed I am not receiving any food buffs or debuffs regardless what my colonists eat. And they'll eat anything. Sometimes going for raw meat when lavish meals are available.

Domkrat282

Fresh-picked corn is very tasty (like fruit, it is slightly sweet), even better than cooked (IMHO). So i think it is WAD.
Sorry for my broken English.

Shurp

OK, I guess this is WAD.  And yes, it is in the description, just surprising.  Corn really is the uber crop in Rimworld then.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Snownova

Quote from: Shurp on July 18, 2016, 06:47:50 AM
OK, I guess this is WAD.  And yes, it is in the description, just surprising.  Corn really is the uber crop in Rimworld then.

Yeah, but it takes forever to grow. If you try planting corn as your first crop upon landing, you had better have an alternative ready because your pawns will starve to death before that corn is ripe. And of course blights hit you doubly hard with crops that take longer to mature. So I'd say it is fairly balanced.

b0rsuk

If so, why am I bothering to cook food?
Simple meal: 10 food. Eating raw food: 16ish food. Cooking also reduces chance of food poisoning.
Black magic.

Chibiabos

Quote from: b0rsuk on July 18, 2016, 11:46:10 AM
If so, why am I bothering to cook food?
Simple meal: 10 food. Eating raw food: 16ish food. Cooking also reduces chance of food poisoning.
Black magic.

Again, its pointless because your colonists won't eat the Simple Meals if there's raw corn, they'll eat the raw corn first. :/
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

hector212121

This, my friends, is where the Restricted Area comes into play. Restrict access to your food stockpile once it's filled, and make a seperate meal stockpile.

Also, Pemmican is the problem for me; real meals are fine.