Reflect variables?

Started by CallMeDio, August 09, 2016, 08:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CallMeDio

Hello, Its me again with my problematic detours, I need to detour a method that reads and writes to a private variable of its class, do anyone have a example of how I can reflect variables?
Just a generic example or point me to a source code that haves it
QuoteYou may need a rubber duck.  Also, try some caveman debugging.

Released mods: No Mood Loss on Prisoner Sold or Died

CallMeDio

Managed to do this. Not all this different from reflecting methods and fields...
example reflecting the private Pawn pawn from Pawn_AgeTracker. Still didn't tested. but no errors on compile, so I guess thats it.

internal static PropertyInfo _pawn;

internal static Pawn pawn()
         {
            if (_pawn == null)
            {
               _pawn = typeof(Pawn_AgeTracker).GetProperty("pawn", BindingFlags.Instance | BindingFlags.NonPublic);
            }
            return (Pawn)_pawn.GetValue(_pawn,null);
         }

Jaxxa

This Might Help. I have Method that takes a Projectile and then uses Reflection to return its private destination variable. Not that I have tried it but it looks like there is also a SetValue method on the fieldInfo that should work for setting it. This is some of the earlier reflection code that I so it might not be that good, but it works and hopefully it can be of some help.

Have a look at the "GetTargetLocationFromProjectile" Method in https://github.com/jaxxa/ED-Shields/blob/master/Source/ED-Shields/Shields/Building_Shield.cs

CallMeDio

Hey, I was about to ask how to write to it (as Im messing with .SetValue without success) as I saw your message. I will take a look

CallMeDio

Wow, nice! never saw a mod file with 1k lines  :o,
I searched all the files and there is no .SetValue gonna keep fighting

edit: apparently I did it

_pawn.SetValue(_pawn, valuehere, null);

Quote from: CallMeDio on August 09, 2016, 08:41:39 PMexample reflecting the private Pawn pawn from Pawn_AgeTracker. Still didn't tested. but no errors on compile, so I guess thats it.
         internal static PropertyInfo _pawn;

internal static Pawn pawn()
         {
            if (_pawn == null)
            {
               _pawn = typeof(Pawn_AgeTracker).GetProperty("pawn", BindingFlags.Instance | BindingFlags.NonPublic);
            }
            return (Pawn)_pawn.GetValue(_pawn,null);
         }

That code will throw an error and won't work.  You are passing the PropertyInfo as the Object to get the Property Value from.  Further, "pawn" is not a property of Pawn_AgeTracker, it's a field so you are reflecting a FieldInfo.

Try this instead:
         internal static FieldInfo _pawn;

internal static Pawn GetPawn( this Pawn_AgeTracker _this )
         {
            if (_pawn == null)
            {
               _pawn = typeof(Pawn_AgeTracker).GetField("pawn", BindingFlags.Instance | BindingFlags.NonPublic);
            }
            return (Pawn)_pawn.GetValue(_this,null);
         }

(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.