amphetamines??

Started by nackskott, August 26, 2016, 02:20:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nackskott

hey, what happened to amphetamines? are they totally removed now?

NolanSyKinsley

probably renamed to something that isn't a real drug. Earlier he had renamed crack to flake I believe, look for another drug with an odd name.

nackskott

ok now I see you changed the name of the drugs. and probably a way to grow and refine into "amphetamines" which is awesome!  :D

NolanSyKinsley

looking at the defs it seems it was re named to "Wake-Up" and it requires 2 neutroamine to produce. You cannot make neutroamine, but it is very plentiful with space traders.

ShadowTani

Marijuana/Cannabis got renamed to SmokeLeaf, Coca to Psychite, and Amphetamine to Wake-Up.

Bobylein

Fair enough, that way people won't complain that certain drugs work different than they experienced in-game :P

MikeLemmer

Quote from: Bobylein on August 28, 2016, 10:28:47 PM
Fair enough, that way people won't complain that certain drugs work different than they experienced in-game :P

People were complaining they were mentioned by their real names in the first place. Tynan just figured renamed them was the easiest solution.

And honestly, the new names make it easier to tell what they do at a glance. I was having the damnedest time telling the difference between Flake and... whatever the other cocaine product was.

PotatoeTater

It also has to do with Australia. That country tends to ban games that reference real drugs. Fallout was originally banned from there until Bethesda renamed morphine to med-x.
Life is Strange