[Idea / Request] Limit Treatment Quality for Specific Medical Conditions

Started by Dingo, September 03, 2016, 07:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

Hello everyone, I've been looking around here and in the workshop and I can't find a mod that does this (maybe I'm just bad at looking, though).

What if you could restrict the use of medicine on, say, bruises? I don't want my hard-earned normal medicine used on a colonist who started a fist-fight with their friend.. I'm sure there's a way to restrict specific, non-urgent medical conditions to use herbal medicine or no medicine.

This will probably require having a separate compClass than HediffComp_Tendable (one with only no medicine / herbal) to be used on Hediffs_Local_Injuries.xml. I just don't know enough about coding to add a compClass...

twoski

so basically you want bruises to always be treated with herbal meds or less, but other injuries like cuts to be treated with whatever the user preference is?

Dingo

Well I did some experimenting and I think the best course of action is to have 2 different treatment types. Herbal or worse, and normal (according to user preference for that pawn).

I believe the following conditions can be coded this way without hindering treatment too much:
  • Burn
  • Crush
  • Crack
  • Bruise
  • Frostbite
That is to say, if it has to be hard coded (if the preference menu can't just be expanded to allow total control over all conditions, which would be preferred of course).

twoski

i don't know much about UI modding. this sounds like something that should be in vanilla tbh.

instead of the 5 icons you click to determine what medicine gets used, there should be one choice per injury type (ie bruises, cuts etc)

so on a pawn i could say i want him to have medicine used on cuts but nothing used on bruises

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: twoski on September 05, 2016, 11:13:07 PM
i don't know much about UI modding. this sounds like something that should be in vanilla tbh.

instead of the 5 icons you click to determine what medicine gets used, there should be one choice per injury type (ie bruises, cuts etc)

so on a pawn i could say i want him to have medicine used on cuts but nothing used on bruises

This would be fantastic, especially in vanilla, but via mod if necessary.