Gog question

Started by Jimmydehond, June 29, 2016, 11:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delheit

I wish tynan would reconsider, his reply was back on june 30th and then reasons why people would like it were presented since then and of course there was other posts about it, at least one other on here that I am aware of.

My guess is that he wouldn't want to give gog a cut of the sale just to distribute the already drm-free version of the game. But there are so many benefits that having through gog would present. Easiest way to understand it is its the benefits of steam plus drm-free combined.

I understand the desire to not do additional work for distribution just to lose a small cut in the sale's profit but I bet a lot of the customers who want it on gog already bought a copy either through steam or ludeon. Like I said in my other post if rimworld comes to gog I would buy an additional two copies minimum and it's not like it stops it from being available on the ludeon site or through steam.

I bought my copy of rimworld through steam right before I finally decided I was done with steam and all my future purchases I will try to do through gog. So of course I'd love to see rimworld come to gog.

Here is the explanation I typed out on the other thread.

QuoteI whole heartedly agree. Not only that but I have emailed ludeon asking about gog and voted on the gog forums for them to try to get rimworld.

In case any one is curious why. It is because although I do like many of the services steam offers they do no let you choose to prevent a game from updating, only to not update until game launch. It use to be a common myth that stop auto update meant it would not update even at launch but they have changed this to actually say do not update until launch.

Yes of course I could buy a drm free version straight from ludeon studios, but gog not only holds a library of games for me that I can redownload when I need to just like steam, they are also have an optional steam like client now. Key word being optional, still drm free and no forced updates.

At the moment I am aware that on steam you can choose in the beta menu to go back to a earlier patch but that is only if a developer allows the option and only after first allowing the update to download and then going into the menu and finding the patch you were on.

It is much easier for me to deal with keeping my save game and using mods on non steam versions and much more reliable. gog simply offers many of the benefits of steam but without losing the benefits of drm free.

I promise you this, if rimworld comes to gog I will buy no less then two more copies and possibly more for me and my family, through gog.com

tldr: I prefer to get all my games through gog now and would love to see rimworld for sale through gog.com and there are many reasons why besides drm free.

Zahlea

I, too, hope that Tynan would reconsider... Like the previous reply, I've decided to stop bying games on Steam and use GOG instead. If there are strong arguments against it, I would love to hear them (and try to stop hoping for a GOG release ;) ) But of course, that's all up to whether Tynan wants to, or can, disclose them.

vuldin

I'm also a fan of both this game and GOG, and it would be awesome to have this game available there.

Zahlea

I'm guessing noone has heard anything recent about it?