[WIP] SOMA

Started by Jagerkampf, December 12, 2016, 09:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jagerkampf

After messing around with a combination of mods I decided to work on something akin to a SOMA conversion. I've been making some average graphical assets for use in it but the coding part will leave this in limbo until I find a more qualified coder to assist me.

Planned Features

• Resurrection and Duplication
  • New Enemies!
  • Robotic Workers
  • Robotic Workers rampaging
  • Uncontrollable growths that overtake bases!

Resurrection and Duplication
Just like SOMA I intend to try to implement a system of duplicating the minds of your pawns in order to later insert them into Universal Helper robots or the corpses of the fallen. Of course the pawns won't like this, and they definitely won't like it when they see the original pawn, dead or otherwise, but when you've only got one colonist left why not risk making unstoppable rage monsters to bolster your workforce? Make brainscans using pilot chairs and store them in cold storage until you have corpses, corpses and diving suits, or universal helpers to hold them.

Universal Helpers
Robotic assistants to help you with manual labor and free up your colonists from potentially risky situations that might dwindle down your limited manpower reserves. They're replaceable and in some ways so are your colonists but shhh.

New Enemies
Mutated structure gel addicts, insane robots, people who don't like finding out you put their brainscan in a corpse, and the WAU infested wildlife are all hostilities that greet you at PATHOS-II.

Structure Gel
Structure Gel is a handy material, it can do anything, but don't let your pawns eat it: it's highly addictive. Watch your pawn's sanity decline as famine and starvation forces them to eat the nasty black goo that leaks from the walls. Watch with amusement as they slowly become deformed rage-monsters under the influence of the WAU.

The WAU
Build the WAU, negating those pesky conduits, and accelerate your research. Be careful because the longer that little AI workers the more likely he is to go rogue. When that happens be ready as it spreads across your base trying to assimilate your station. Be wary as it infects wildlife, universal helpers and corpses, but harvest the WAU flowers that now grow in your hallways to use as medicine, with side effects, or let it spread to your hospital ward so you don't have to care for those pesky armless, legless, eyeless, invalids anymore.

Constant Base Deterioration
Fight the WAU or side with it, either way the harsh underwater world continues to wear away at PATHOS-II to balance out the lack of external threats. Eventually you might not be able to keep repairing it anymore and the sea will take the last refuge of humanity.

Looking for a competent coder to help me with this. I know the basics of the logic and I have a design map of what this mod needs. I'm more proficient at art assets than coding but that's not saying much, as you can see, but enough self-degradation.

Telefonmast

This is a nice idea, I really enjoyed SOMA!
But how is this mod going? I've seen no updates so far and it's been around for a bit, any new features?
Or is it a dead project?
Telefonmast - Ready to give you good phone connection!
- My mod project

Lennbolt7

Yeah, really hope someone can help with the coding. This is something I'd love to have in game.

Techgenius

This mod sounds awesome, so much potential

TerrorThomasCao

You've got my vote and attention. Sadly that doesn't mean anything but you can be filled with determination.

Techgenius

I wonder if this is a abandoned project

Smexy_Vampire

keep up the work i want to stuff people into diveing suit corpes XD needing power armer and dead colenest to craft the body with that gell

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.