Flammability?

Started by jimothy, April 13, 2014, 05:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimothy

Not sure if this is a bug or by design but in Alpha 3 (and I think in the previous alphas too) the flammability attribute seems to be an all or nothing affair.

0.0 is non-flammable and 1.0 is fully flammable but values in-between like 0.5 burn at the same rate as 1.0 instead of half as much like I would expect.

Architect

Quote from: jimothy on April 13, 2014, 05:57:51 PM
Not sure if this is a bug or by design but in Alpha 3 (and I think in the previous alphas too) the flammability attribute seems to be an all or nothing affair.

0.0 is non-flammable and 1.0 is fully flammable but values in-between like 0.5 burn at the same rate as 1.0 instead of half as much like I would expect.

Well, you can have it higher than 1 so the effect is multiplied, which is what I think tynan was going for.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

jimothy

Quote from: Architect on April 13, 2014, 06:45:30 PM
Well, you can have it higher than 1 so the effect is multiplied, which is what I think tynan was going for.

I tested that real quick, and at least with a modified door, a flammability of 4.0 burned at the same rate as 1.0.

Tynan

I've forgotten what flammability does... I think it did something 16 months ago when I was inadvisably tunnel-visioning into the fire system. But I think it got simplified to just yes or no. I may refine it back in some day.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

jimothy

Quote from: Tynan on April 13, 2014, 10:51:25 PM
I've forgotten what flammability does... I think it did something 16 months ago when I was inadvisably tunnel-visioning into the fire system. But I think it got simplified to just yes or no. I may refine it back in some day.

Ok, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. There's definitely more important things to do first, but it'd be nice if the fire system got a overhaul later down the road. It's kinda odd that a metal door is just as flammable as a patch of grass.

Keep up the good work, I've already sunk more hours in RimWorld than most of the games in my Steam library  :)