Patients First

Started by Bajicoy, May 04, 2017, 04:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bajicoy

I have been having incredible frustration with managing large colonies where I cannot watch over every injury. At times I will have a sixth of my colony as doctors priority number 1 but they almost never attend to their patients. Either their patients will die of blood loss from lack of treatment in over 3 days or they will ignore administering treatment for diseases.

They seem dead set sleeping, eating, and overall being idle when I need them attending to the critically wounded.

Ample herbal medicine was in stock and I force them to live next door to my hospital. I have even tried building roads and carpeting so they have more time on their hands. I am at their stubbornness to sleep.

AngleWyrm

Here's a few possibilities:
  • Check the patient medicine allowance to make sure they're allowed to have the medicine you have in stock
  • Check that the doctors have a designated sleeping schedule so that they can get regular sleep
  • Manual priority can override basic needs and drive them to starvation and exhaustion
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Bajicoy

Hmmm interesting, so if I set their schedule to do work and sleep at alternating intervals, that might solve my problem.. At the moment I have them all set to doing anything at any time of the day. Just really hard to micro a colony of 40 or so people at the level so I guess I need to think of a suitable pattern.

Thanks for the tips! Very helpful!