New methods of transportation (vehicles)

Started by Spectre_, April 22, 2017, 11:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spectre_

As we all know, in the last update, A16, came transport pods and chem fuel. I think it would be a great idea to implement vehicles in the game such as bikes, trucks, cars, vans... etc. Maybe even tanks or other vehicles you can use to assault enemy bases, such as Tanks, APC's, An awesome Mad Max style bus with machine guns on top (something of the sort). If you were to add these awesome features into the game, they should be able to take chem fuel (or what ever you want really) and they can open opportunities for modders to create their own vehicles of mass awesomeness. (give these to raiders, that would be sick!... Anti-vehicle weapons would be cool too...)

Thank you for taking the time to read this, keep up the good work with Rimworld, I can't get enough of it.
This is just a little suggestion, won't put a dent in my day if you don't add vehicles (but it would be sick).   

Again, thank you for reading this. Adios!   

Rasec

I believe the engine is a little limited in that aspect, would be awesome for sure, and changing completely the IA and gameplay as a consequence, but unfortunately it's unlikely to happen...

XeoNovaDan

I don't think the vehicles should be quite that diverse, and remember that this is a place on the edge of the galaxy :P

I think some sort of crudely-made buggy and perhaps a small trailer would be more lore-friendly

Raccoon

because of glittertech and ship reconstruction?

XeoNovaDan

If you look at the ship you can build in vanilla, it's really no more than a salvaged AI persona core wired up to a makeshift reactor that barely works (as you can tell by its abysmal power output), and some crudely-made cryptosleep caskets and structural beams to bind it all together. Skeletal in appearance, and the only 'navigation system' is the unpredictable psychic ship's AI persona core.

Perhaps some duct tape and superglue just so nothing falls apart

milon

Quote from: Spectre_ on April 22, 2017, 11:21:20 PM
...I think it would be a great idea to implement vehicles ... they can open opportunities for modders to create their own vehicles ...

We have a search button, and that search button would tell you that mods with vehicles have already been made.  ;)