Fire events and forcing rain.

Started by migizi, April 17, 2017, 10:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

migizi

Did something with this change in A16? I know in the past that after a flash storm and half the map was on fire, a rain event would trigger. Now it seems the rain event doesn't happen and the whole map burns down. Usually not horrible after a couple seasons but when it happens in the first 15 days I can't find a way to survive.

b0rsuk

For me rain still triggers. Maybe you started playing on smaller maps ?

migizi

I roll with the default map size. I'm not even on that high of a difficulty, just challenging or something. Maybe it's because I'm using Randy. I also only have a few mods. EPOE, more vanilla turrets, and RT weapon pack.

KillTyrant

It still triggers it but its not immediate. Usually the map will burn for a day or so before you get some rain. I recommend building a 3 wide floor between the wild flora and your farms. Concrete is a nice barrier for this.

Covered in Weasels

Concrete is cheap and you can build it very quickly. So quickly, in fact, that I've built a concrete fire break in the path of an advancing forest fire rather than try to contain it with my colonists. Combine that with a few strategically placed firefoam poppers, and your farmland should be safe from fire.