Prisoner Temperature Control

Started by ProjectXa3, June 23, 2017, 01:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProjectXa3

What if Prisoners could adjust the temperature controls of their own cell, like turning heaters and coolers on and off on their own? Kinda makes sense, and it provides an inroad for a new kind of risk too: What if they try and use it to break out? Sabotage a heater or cooler to explode in an attempt to take out a wall, use a campfire to try and burn the place down, do...something with passive coolers? There's a choice in there, I think. Do you let them keep themselves comfortable and take one little facet of management off your hands, or do you try and design a prison where they can't get at the source of their temperature control to remove the potential risks such objects might pose?
"I set fire to my sheet of sailcloth and drape it over the skeletons."
"Okay I'm...I'm going to need you to roll for a personality check for that one."

Bozobub

I simply put a vent or 2 in their room.  No need to risk colonists when there's a breakdown, and they'll take w/e temperature I give 'em and like it ;).
Thanks, belgord!

Wheatley

Do prisoners use vents/coolers to escape? They're a lot weaker than the steel doors I use to wall them in

Panzer

Yeah they do, not the one directly in the prison cell, but maybe the ones after it. One prisoner may decide to mine for reasons unknown to me, vents and ACs are among the things most likely to be mined, vents take 2 hits, not sure about ACs.