Why I can't dress incapacitated colonist? Keeps Tattered apparel/Unhappy Nudity

Started by Yoshida Keiji, October 21, 2017, 09:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMeInTeam

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on October 22, 2017, 09:07:04 PM
It would be nice to have this feature. Of course it really doesn't matter, as long as they are incapacitated they can't really break, so no real upside to getting them in a good mood. Besides role-playing, which I guess is a good enough reason. (for me)

Incapped pawns in bad temperature can die, and right now if you don't have electricity but do have clothing + limited wood (a real possibility for tribe starts in tough biomes) there's no way to rescue someone and put them in a parka, so this does have some situational benefit right now.

BetaSpectre

+1 lost many a prisoner due to frostbite. I usually loot the clothes from downed people to avoid the D tag onto clothes which happens the moment they die.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

dkmoo

Canute's right, @blacksmoke what you might be thinking of is that cloth are not counted during sleep for the "slept in cold"debuff, so if you sleep in 0C and have alpaca parka you still get the debuff.

Slightly unrelated but the "temp check during sleep" is kind of broken bc the "ignore clothing" is only applied to the minimum temp not the maximum temp, so if you have fur parkas and tuques for icesheets, you might get to a situation where you'll either get the too hot or too cold debuff no matter what temperature you set your bedroom.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: dkmoo on October 25, 2017, 09:59:37 AM
Canute's right, @blacksmoke what you might be thinking of is that cloth are not counted during sleep for the "slept in cold"debuff, so if you sleep in 0C and have alpaca parka you still get the debuff.

Slightly unrelated but the "temp check during sleep" is kind of broken bc the "ignore clothing" is only applied to the minimum temp not the maximum temp, so if you have fur parkas and tuques for icesheets, you might get to a situation where you'll either get the too hot or too cold debuff no matter what temperature you set your bedroom.

Yep, that is exactly what I was talking about!

cultist

One condition: The job description has to be: "Administer pants" (or other clothing item) :p

CannibarRechter

> Canute's right, @blacksmoke what you might be thinking of is that cloth are not counted during sleep for the "slept in cold"debuff,

I think this is fine. The reason I think that is that if that didn't happen, all there would be instead is a "had to sleep in clothes" debuff.

On the topic, though, it would be nice if the game would let you dress down pawns as a form of medical tending. Possibly a medical gown or something. It would be a good mod.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects