If you love Rimworld, would you like to see a older version?

Started by divious, February 02, 2014, 02:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

divious

Notrium was released in 2003, has similar ideas that is ingrained in Rimworld.

The game generated a random map where you were a survivor. You could salvage items here and there and make new weapons or other items. There are wild animals at every turn ready to kill you. There was also dynamic weather changes which would affect temperature. The burning sand would scorch your feet. The frigid snow would freeze and slow you till you died a icy death. It was fantastic, I do not wish to impose this other game onto Rimworld but it would be interesting to combine the ideas behind both games and merge them to a fantastical world of 'oh shit Im going to die out here'.

Anyways, post if you clicked the link and like the idea :) Im only new but if you have the ear of any of the developers, you could always drop them a link :)

htoxborrow

Notrium 2003 sounds awesome, the graphics look like they might hurt my eyes as I puzzle through images on Google. But thanks for the info. Also I found something called Driftmoon, any opinion on that?
When in doubt Ad Hominem like its your only hope for validation.

divious

Driftmoon is the newer work of the Notrium creator :D.

I will definitely give it a go but after watching some of the youtube videos, I am definitely not a fan of all that text but who knows. I'll be waiting on its full release.

Tynan

What's funny is that I played Notrium way back in the day... and I'm pretty sure it influenced RW :D
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

colonistPally

Quote from: Tynan on February 27, 2014, 04:25:58 PM
What's funny is that I played Notrium way back in the day... and I'm pretty sure it influenced RW :D

Heheheheheh. :)