"Only items below $X value"

Started by AileTheAlien, August 06, 2018, 07:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AileTheAlien

TLDR:
Put in a new option, "only items below $X value" for smelting weapons and armor, destroying weapons / armor, burning clothing, and burning drugs.

Long Form:
The existing options for getting rid of lesser-value items are pretty good, for ensuring you destroy low-quality items. Or items that have low enough hitpoints to make pawns feel bad. Or for destroying tainted equipment. However, I often use some combination of those options, as an approximation for what I'm actually after - destroying things which are not worth the effort to me (as a player) to sell (number of clicks vs silver value). Early on, my colony might need to scrape every single piece of silver out of trades, but later on, once I have half a dozen pawns harvesting swathes of corn, or crafting dozens of statues, I don't care as much about things less than say, $10, or $50, or whatever my current colony is at. So, an option to destroy (in all its various forms) items worth less than $X (just the base market value modified by item type, hitpoints, and quality, not accounting any pawn trading skill) would be very useful. I could probably cut the number of destroy bills I have in half, plus I wouldn't have to guess at what values to set them at! :)