hiring friendly outlanders' drop pods

Started by Ruptga, October 22, 2018, 10:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruptga

I'd like it if we could pod caravans from allied outlander bases at the cost of goodwill and/or silver, that cost scaling with the weight of the caravan and (less so) with how much of a launcher's range we want to use. 

Maybe it shouldn't be available from all of them, half or so could be set as not having a spaceport when the map is generated, and then we also would be unable to call for military aid unless an allied base with a spaceport was in range.  Given how thickly bases are scattered I don't see that being much of a problem, and it makes sense in-universe. 

To work, the world map would need more UI stuff like what we already have for regular caravans, such as estimating the cost to launch X caravan weighing Y kilos Z distance before it has left and potentially stranded itself.  There would also need to be an option to draw a caravan route that factors in friendly launch sites being able to shoot us over jungles.  I imagine that stuff could get complicated.  But it would be pretty cool.