Disable Supression System of Ce Fast Track

Started by Nutella, December 19, 2019, 10:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nutella

Hey,

So I am not here to be ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ around all day. I really REALLY like the mod and would not want to play without it again. Finally the shooting skill matter, finally people stop missing a horde of muffalos right in front of them while wielding a minigun.

There is just one thing that bothers me that much I am about to hunker down under my table and quit as all enemys do on my raids.

The suppression system. Its just (for me!) annoying. Poeple run in circles around trees or right in front of my machine gun complex to (idk what they thought with that) take cover in front of it. So the end of the story....a marine armoe wearing, 200 bullet legendary machine gun wielding guy gets killed by a naked men with a pistol because that guy starting shooting first, making my guy run around a tree all day.

Enough critism, lets go to what I tried.

So there is xml file in the Fast track modfolder (when you created a local copy) that say "job.CE.xml". In that file I found the jobs "hunkerdown" and "runforcover" and uncommented both. It worked at first, but then people (still having the "being supressed arrow" on theire head) started just standing still, and theire current job said: "Waiting". I guess the game didnt know what to do in that moment, searching for the job that I commented out. But since theire already were a mod on the workshop disabling it, it has to work. That mod sadly is incompatible now.

I am not a big modder myself, just working around on 7 Days to die and other things, basic xml knowlegde, but thats enough for this kind of thing, I hope. I just dont know what I did wrong.

<JobDef>

<defName>RunForCover</defName>

<driverClass>JobDriver\_Goto</driverClass>

<reportString>Running for cover.</reportString>

<playerInterruptible>false</playerInterruptible>

<casualInterruptible>false</casualInterruptible>

<alwaysShowWeapon>true</alwaysShowWeapon>

<suspendable>false</suspendable>

</JobDef>

<JobDef>

<defName>HunkerDown</defName>

<driverClass>CombatExtended.JobDriver\_HunkerDown</driverClass>

<reportString>Hunkering down.</reportString>

<playerInterruptible>false</playerInterruptible>

<casualInterruptible>false</casualInterruptible>

<alwaysShowWeapon>true</alwaysShowWeapon>

<suspendable>false</suspendable>

</JobDef>

Those are the two jobs I commented out, and it worked but the game still was searching for a job as it looked. And I dont know where to find the actual suppression system to set it 0. Looking at the local files of the Mod "Combat Extended Fixes" I am not any smarter, but he (until the mdo got outdated) disabled just to option for people to run for cover or hunker, making raids as dangerous and tribal melee attacks as powerful as they were before and probaly would be in RL.

Does anyone know how to change that stuff and disable that? It really bothers me and makes raids boring. I get for example 30 mercenaries (hihg armed) raiding me, but I already know they all gonne die running in circles around trees being shot to death by faulty weapons. Tribal raiders with 60 melee guys? Well, after half of them took cover in front of my gun complex, they fleed.
If there is another mod for that, please let me know

Thanks for you help in advance,

Joel Ernst

Ps: When uncomment "runforcover" or "hunkerdown" it gives me the red error line: "Could not find job.runforcover. There are 255 defs of that type loaded...what file did I overlook to change? In the other files I did not find 255 files to change supression effects or smt. like that