Inadequate difficulty and reward for the quest

Started by SevereGrandma, March 10, 2020, 01:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SevereGrandma

I found a problem with quests from The Empire. Tasks are already rare from the Empire, but if they do, then the desire to perform them at the later stages of the game does not make sense since the reward and complexity of quests is inadequate. I do not argue that in the later stages of the game there are no special problems for completing the task, but there is no motivation for completing the task. Sometimes they can offer a reward in the amount of 20,000 to 80,000 for easier types of tasks (below screenshot), but sometimes a task comes that you need to wait for 1-2 years of game time and with such complexity and reward (below screenshot). My raincoats cost more than the reward offered=)

P.S. I don't know if this is an omission or a bug, so I'll leave it here.

Boboid

On the subject of rewards - Some quest rewards circumnavigate the rarity of certain items to a rather extreme degree, particularly in the late game.

In one of the above screenshots posted the reward includes twelve linked weapons which is considerably more powerful than those weapon's value in silver because there's a hard limit on how much trading and thus how much access you can have to those rare items.
You could have unlimited silver and that quest reward would still be extremely (disproportionately) valuable.

I've had similar quests which rewarded huge piles of otherwise rare objects in the late game and they always seem a bit out of place - even if the quest is really, really hard.
It's especially noticeable when you're offered something like 7 healer mech serums.
The value of those objects isn't their actual sale value at all - Similarly the same could be said of a dozen doomsday launchers.
Their value to the player is always artificially high because of their rarity rather than their listed value.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Tynan

Yes, I can see it. Just need to r-click the images to see them.

Yes, I'll say it's an issue, we'll look at it.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

SevereGrandma

Quote from: Boboid on March 11, 2020, 05:13:32 AM
On the subject of rewards - Some quest rewards circumnavigate the rarity of certain items to a rather extreme degree, particularly in the late game.

In one of the above screenshots posted the reward includes twelve linked weapons which is considerably more powerful than those weapon's value in silver because there's a hard limit on how much trading and thus how much access you can have to those rare items.
You could have unlimited silver and that quest reward would still be extremely (disproportionately) valuable.

I've had similar quests which rewarded huge piles of otherwise rare objects in the late game and they always seem a bit out of place - even if the quest is really, really hard.
It's especially noticeable when you're offered something like 7 healer mech serums.
The value of those objects isn't their actual sale value at all - Similarly the same could be said of a dozen doomsday launchers.
Their value to the player is always artificially high because of their rarity rather than their listed value.

Yes of course the value of a link weapons is high given the fact that the weapon is more powerful than 2-3 times its usual counterparts. And the value specified in silver does not show reality and even in the later stages of the game has the highest value( taking into account the high-level colonists and pumped bionics and Architech), but about the doomsday rocket launcher and triple shot only in the initial and middle stages have value until the raids begin to arm them, and you can buy them, find in ancient evil, but a link weapons are very rare in all senses( and one-time at the death of the owner)