Crafting: how to make "up to" bills?

Started by nightbringer57, May 08, 2014, 07:48:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightbringer57

Hello,

my first post here, maybe I missed the option for it so I'm asking here before making a suggestion thread.

My problem is I'm tired of handling my colonists' cooking. I mean, it's a survival simulator, not a master chef simulator :p
So, I would like to have a way of forcing my colonists' cook to prepare meals up to a certain amount of meals: instead of saying "cook 20 simple meals", order him "if there are less than 20 simple meals in stock, cook until there are 20 of them".

Is it posssible?

Neone

I'm not sure now if such an option is available with Alpha 3 (don't have game here) but it is implemented with Alpha 4, which is not yet released for public.

Edit: As I checked with changelog, it is implemented in Alpha 3. So, you just need to select Cook stove, Bills, then add bill and click options and from there select do until X. You also need to have a stockpile that will hold meals.

Celthric Aysen

i think there is such a feature called "Do until you have X times"
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Geeves

This is a feature in Alpha 3, it is called the "Do until X" bill.
To get this working:

1) Select your crafting table of choice (yours is the cooking table).
2) Create the bill you want (normal, fine, luxurious)
3) Go to config, and select the second button, the one under suspended/Not suspended.
4) It is initially labelled: Do X times, set it to Do until you have X.
5) Sit back and relax, worry about some other base related issue.

Hope it helps you,

Ser Geeves.
You know it is bedtime when you open a file called GeneralEffecters.xml and the first 2 words you notice are: Butcher and Children.
==============
Learning to program is easy. Learning to put what is in your mind into programming code, now that is the hard part.

nightbringer57

So I just missed it.

There's already so much to discover in the game in its alpha version, it is so amazing!

Thanks!

Geeves

No problem. If you have troubles finding all the cool toys currently in the game...
Wait till next month or so, when the next patch hits the game.
You will get so many new toys to play with!
You know it is bedtime when you open a file called GeneralEffecters.xml and the first 2 words you notice are: Butcher and Children.
==============
Learning to program is easy. Learning to put what is in your mind into programming code, now that is the hard part.