auto-strip corpses before burning it as well as auto-strip prisoners

Started by keylocke, September 15, 2014, 11:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keylocke

^ what title says :

basically, i''m hoping to be able to auto-strip corpses automatically rather than micromanaging it so i don't accidentally burn away power armors.

edit :

it would also be cool to use crematoriums for incinerating trash (useless items that i don't want to use or can't sell or too much hassle to sell) other than just corpses.

edit 2 :

bring corpse in front of incinerator > then auto-strip it > then burn the corpse > it would also eventually burn nearby trash items that's in the "burn" list .. etc..

edit 3 :

it would also be cool if the equipped weapon isn't dropped when incapacitated or killed. that way, all it takes in just one trip.

* bring the corpse to the crematorium > auto-strip > burn corpse and trash items > keep useful gear
* bring prisoner to the cell > auto-strip > all their gear are on the ground rather than walking all the way back to haul the weapon

FridayBiology

Agreed, auto strip at crematorium is a smart idea.

As for a grave idea,
What if you could select the grave to humans, colonist/strangers/raiders/tribes so we could auto bury colonists only.
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

NoImageAvailable

We had a thread about auto-stripping not too long ago, as I recall Tynan said he liked the idea so I'm assuming we will see it at some point in the future. I certainly don't want to auto-strip prisoners though.

Quote from: Feirfec on November 26, 2014, 01:07:34 AM
As for a grave idea,
What if you could select the grave to humans, colonist/strangers/raiders/tribes so we could auto bury colonists only.

Isn't that in the game already?
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

keylocke

yea, this thread was kinda necroed.

i posted this, long before tynan revamped the trading system and added the medicine system, i think.. (since back then we couldn't sell shells and uraniums and meds to traders, and since there's nothing we can use them on, i usually have to frag these things to bits in a stockpile to avoid the clutter.)

but auto-strip-before-cremation, auto-strip-before-butchering, and auto-strip-upon-imprisonment (optional?), would still be applicable and should be a nice feature to add in vanilla.

after all, unarmed/unarmored prisoners are easier to tend to, while the new trading system allows us to sell practically anything. so nothing goes to waste.