Base with 30+ colonist at Day 70....and increasing

Started by zztangnr, November 09, 2013, 12:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zztangnr

Seems like this is only possible in the random mode.
Under classic mode, the max I could get is around 10 or 12, after that it is so hard to encounter any traveler or slave trader, wonder if this is a bug?

JEBWrench

I would think that's working as intended; the other modes would slow down the number of possible colonists you could get as you got more, but in random, all bets would be off.

Kender

As long as you don't lose colonist in Randy Random, RNG will keep your colonist number up and up.  ;D

That's the way I like about Randy Random games.

And Epic battle against hundred of raiders.
Rogue, from Kendermoore of Dragonlance.

Pendryn

Yeah, I assume 30 is well past the expected amount of colonists, but I could be wrong. Seems like a good number to me though, and yeah, I can't get more than 12-15 on any other mode.
Reticulating all the splines.

Spike

On Classic, I simply stop getting any new peeps after about1 2 or so.  No travelers, seems impossible to capture anyone.  Even doing melee on the last few fleeing raiders will kill them.  I have been wondering if it's a bug, or just a run of bad luck.

Pendryn

There is a work around for the limited amount of colonists you can get. I was stuck at 12 and one of them had a mental breakdown and went crazy, so I arrested him. Well. This freed up my colonist spot so immediately I had a traveler come by. Not an ideal way to do it, but I suppose you could make crazy rooms you send people into so they go mad and you get to arrest them. I will test crazy rooms at some point. Dark 1x1 rooms.
Reticulating all the splines.

Rivare

Quote from: Pendryn on November 09, 2013, 07:11:10 AM
I will test crazy rooms at some point. Dark 1x1 rooms.

difficult to get some prisoner into that room - with no sleeping mat ... i use at the beginning of a game 2x1 prisons and was even able to recruit my first prisoner before i rebuild the prison

Thubin

That's impressive. My computer starts choking at more than 10 colonists. (Yes I have a dinosaur).
"If at first you don't succeed; that's a data point."
"No, if at first you don't succeed; you fail, and the test will be terminated."