Tables and chairs--

Started by mscottveach, December 19, 2014, 03:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mscottveach

Having trouble getting my guys to eat off tables... whenever faction visitors come, they use the table and chairs just fine... btu my guys keep eating off the floor and complaining about it... is this a known issue? or am i doing something wrong?

also, what is the point of the friendly faction visits? am i missing something about those visits or are they placeholers for future content? right now, people come to viist me, walk around, i can't interact with them in any way, then they leave.... i feel like i'm missing something.

Khazuk

Sometimes your colonists just take too long to start eating for some reason and they start eating when they're almost starving. It helps to put the tables closer to your food storage (and to store your food in general).

As for the visitors... Well, they just chill around for a while for some diversion i guess.
They can also kill stuff for you if you're under siege and they are by chance still around.

Or if you're like me, you trap them if they have nice gear and take their stuff when they die or capture and attempt to recruit them.(capturing a friendly faction members turns the faction hostile)

Cimanyd

Are all your colonists eating off the floor, or just some? Only one colonist can use one square of the table at a time, but you can put two stools next to a table corner. If both stools are used at once, one of the colonists will eat off the floor. To avoid this, don't put more than one stool on a corner.

Edit: I made a picture!

(Dev mode and god mode may have been involved.)

Or maybe your food is just very far away from your tables for some reason? If your colonists are going halfway across the map to eat a packaged survival meal, they'll just eat there, they won't bring it back to the table.

In the factions tab of the overview, you can see what enemies factions have. If visitors show up or are around when you're attacked by someone hostile to both you and them, they can help (or at least absorb the first few shots). If there are two factions that aren't your enemy, but are hostile to each other, and visitors from both of them visit at the same time, you can watch them fight each other and laugh at them.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Khazuk

mscottveach

Quote from: Khazuk on December 19, 2014, 03:38:12 AM
It helps to put the tables closer to your food storage (and to store your food in general).

[re: visitors] capture and attempt to recruit them.(capturing a friendly faction members turns the faction hostile)

Yeah, my dining room was pretty far from the cold storage so I bet that was the problem.

Aha, so if I draft my colonists then they'll be able to interact with the friendly faction? And I can capture/fight/etc? Not sure why I didn't try that.

hyperkiller

you can also put chairs on the edges of the butcher tables, and the cooking stove i think as i haven't done it to that yet. they might need all that room tho to cook.

christhekiller

Quote from: hyperkiller on December 19, 2014, 12:28:56 PM
you can also put chairs on the edges of the butcher tables, and the cooking stove i think as i haven't done it to that yet. they might need all that room tho to cook.

I usually put chairs infront of the research and coms stations (for aesthetic purposes) and I've seen colonists and visitors eat off of those before too.

FridayBiology

Quote from: christhekiller on December 19, 2014, 02:04:39 PM
Quote from: hyperkiller on December 19, 2014, 12:28:56 PM

I usually put chairs infront of the research and coms stations (for aesthetic purposes) and I've seen colonists and visitors eat off of those before too.

they use the research bench as a table?
does it count as eating off the floor?
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

milon

Probably does count as the floor. A hungry colonist with a meal just looks for a chair to sit on.