Natural Tree Spawn > Turbine > New games

Started by iSagan, January 06, 2015, 04:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iSagan

I'm not proud to admit that I haven't slept because of this game. There has be no other experience like it, I love it.

Here are some of my suggestions, from a new player (but long time gamer) perspective:

- Lower natural tree spawn rate
*At the beginning of the game, there is little room for mistakes and there is no forgiveness in wasting time on general management as you desperately set up your first base. Trees constantly and relentlessly spawning in front of my wind turbines has caused 3 of my games to go wrong while I focus on the first tasks at hand. It's an entire days job to clear a small amount of trees and there just is no room for this at the start of the game. Regarding mid to end game content, you can grow your own 'tree farms' so there is no loss. Tt would be a change to make the beginning of the game smoother, less 'techy' and require A LOT less micromanagement (clearing trees for days).

FridayBiology

Set growing zones before the turbines and grow cotton/strawberries?
Similarly set the area as a trade beacon zone and dump everything to stop growth ?
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

IkeaSwede

I do agree with trees, because it's a wind power problem, the only way to have wind power in any kind of treeie biome is to fill the area with concrete (or any other floor) which I'd rather not do :/

MikhailBoho

When I go the route of wind turbines, I usually just throw flooring down in the spaces that they need to operate.. although that strawberry cotton growing idea has me thinking maybe I should go that route..

Mihsan

Quote from: iSagan on January 06, 2015, 04:54:28 AM
- Lower natural tree spawn rate
*At the beginning of the game, there is little room for mistakes and there is no forgiveness in wasting time on general management as you desperately set up your first base. Trees constantly and relentlessly spawning in front of my wind turbines has caused 3 of my games to go wrong while I focus on the first tasks at hand. It's an entire days job to clear a small amount of trees and there just is no room for this at the start of the game. Regarding mid to end game content, you can grow your own 'tree farms' so there is no loss. Tt would be a change to make the beginning of the game smoother, less 'techy' and require A LOT less micromanagement (clearing trees for days).

I really see no point in this. If you are in the jungle, than this is NORMAL that your turbine gets overgrown fast with vegetation and requires some work to do. Also why not just use concrete floor under your turbines?

P.S.: I do not remember if it was in the lore about it, but it is possible that the trees have genetically accelerated growth for better terraforming purposes.
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

Tankh

Yeah I always go for concrete under all wind turbines.

FridayBiology

cancel wood from you stockpiles and use the wood from the tree you've cut down for your wind farm to make wooden floors?
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology