anyway to remove "population limit"?

Started by heero yuy79, November 10, 2013, 06:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boboid

Turning up the difficulty raises your population indirectly :P

You can also try blunt melee weapons as they're a bit less likely to kill, fists are always a good option when enemy numbers are low and you can safely swarm stragglers.

I seldom struggle to get to 15-20 colonists on Challenge in A10 within a year. Obviously being less picky helps.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

rexx1888

you can also edit the cassandra xml in the core mods folder. atm her  happy colonist count is between something like 6 an 12. just increase the second one... and if you want colonists quick, increase the first one too

ascdren

Quote from: rexx1888 on April 28, 2015, 06:07:05 AM
you can also edit the cassandra xml in the core mods folder. atm her  happy colonist count is between something like 6 an 12. just increase the second one... and if you want colonists quick, increase the first one too

aye best way to do it is increase the values in

<desiredPopulationMin>3</desiredPopulationMin>
<desiredPopulationMax>11</desiredPopulationMax>
<desiredPopulationCritical>16</desiredPopulationCritical>

Dumatoin

Ah, perfect, these last two was what i was looking for! Thanks!

SubZeroBricks

Quote from: ascdren on April 28, 2015, 08:40:15 AM
Quote from: rexx1888 on April 28, 2015, 06:07:05 AM

Whats the 'desiredPopulationCritical' mean?
aye best way to do it is increase the values in

"The only time you have too much fuel on board is when you are on fire."

cuproPanda

Quote from: Dumatoin on April 28, 2015, 01:51:14 AM
Please tell me there is an easier way to do this than listed in this thread?

There is a way easier way: down raiders and capture them. Using weak guns and melee weapons helps to not kill them immediately. Also, you could arrest visitors. Keep in mind, this will turn the remaining visitors against you, and that colony will send raids occasionally from now on, unless you improve relations.

This is how I've played A9/A10 on Cassandra and Randy. I might have done it with Pheobe, too, but I don't remember; she was too slow for my liking so I only played once and switched after 4-5 hours.

PS. POTENTIALLY GAME RUINING SPOLIER:

You could go into Game Options > Dev Mode, then at the top of the screen open up the dev panel (left cog/arrow) and find the tab listed "Add Prisoner" (possibly under "Execute Incident")
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Adamiks

Just raise the difficulty, kill and capture and eat some raiders - life is so simple!

JimmyAgnt007

If you go into the storyteller.defs file you can directly edit the population limits they react too.  its actually really simple.  just open the file and you will see it right away.  just be sure to make the changes to the storyteller you are using and not just the first one you see.

Adamiks

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on May 13, 2015, 12:03:10 PM
If you go into the storyteller.defs file you can directly edit the population limits they react too.  its actually really simple.  just open the file and you will see it right away.  just be sure to make the changes to the storyteller you are using and not just the first one you see.

I looked trought the storyteller defs and i found something interesting.... Casandra and Phoebe have critical population limit on 16 but Randy - 50.

Cassandra:

Phoebe:

Randy:
<desiredPopulationMax>16</desiredPopulationMax>
<desiredPopulationCritical>50</desiredPopulationCritical>

So if anyone want to have more than 16-20 colonists should choose Randy.

TLHeart

I routinely get to 30 on Cassandra, where I self limit.

Toggle

I need slave trader ships to appear, but mainly to sell prisoners to them for cash. I have one brain damaged prisoner that has a high recruitment difficulty, practically useless, already 2 harvested organs, and if I release it it just ends up being brought right back from outside to the prisoner room because it moves so slow I guess or wont leave the map.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.