[A11b] Prison Improvements v1.1 updated by kexici

Started by Wastelander, February 05, 2015, 01:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Wastelander on February 06, 2015, 01:58:09 AM
Hm, that must be the placeworker, a piece of code that runs when you have it selected but before you place it, and figures out if the spot you're choosing is legal. I see it a bit now too, now that you mention it, but not nearly that drastic.

Does it only happen if you're mousing over a large open space?
No it happens all the time and i have a beefy computer to make it lag like that somethings funky
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

SundayTuesday

Quote from: numen0r on February 05, 2015, 03:41:18 AM
how possible is it to make enemy factions try to break their imprisoned faction members out of jail OR negotiate their release for some silver as their main goal for attacking, instead of the standard kill-all-humans story?
This would be pretty cool but I don't know how possible that would be.
"When your kingdom is attacked, Do not flee.
Show them WHY it is your kingdom!"

Wastelander

QuoteNo it happens all the time and i have a beefy computer to make it lag like that somethings funky
That's pretty weird. Anyone else seeing this?

You should be able to resolve it by removing the <placeworker> block from prisoner_improvement_buildings.xml... after that you'll be able to place the prison marker anywhere, might get weird effects if it's placed outdoors, so be careful.

Rikiki

I noticed a very slight slow when trying to place the marker over the main area but nothing that breaks the performance.
Reminds me of some people complaining about the alert speaker glowers setting their PC on knees... :-\
I also noticed in my previous colony that when I load a savegame, colonist beds in rooms adjacent to the prison yard (which contains a marker) are set for prisonners. I will post a screenshot if I see it again in my current colony.

Justin C

Quote from: SundayTuesday on February 06, 2015, 02:48:07 PM
how possible is it to make enemy factions try to break their imprisoned faction members out of jail OR negotiate their release for some silver as their main goal for attacking, instead of the standard kill-all-humans story?
It should be possible.

1) Find a prisoner belonging to your faction.
2) Find the room they are contained in.
3) Attack the door or walls of that room until the prisoner escapes.

You'd have to do some poking around in the code to see how things work, but I am pretty sure enemies will attack doors by default if their target is inside a room.

The hard part would be dealing with all of the creative prisons people will start building to try and break the mod.

elStrages

Quote from: Tynan on February 05, 2015, 02:09:24 AM
Some great ideas here.

This is something I think would be beneficial in the game and should contribute to the recruitment of prisoners, not just being talked to by the warden lol

numen0r

Quote from: Justin C on February 06, 2015, 06:02:37 PM
Quote from: SundayTuesday on February 06, 2015, 02:48:07 PM
It should be possible.

1) Find a prisoner belonging to your faction.
2) Find the room they are contained in.
3) Attack the door or walls of that room until the prisoner escapes.

You'd have to do some poking around in the code to see how things work, but I am pretty sure enemies will attack doors by default if their target is inside a room.

The hard part would be dealing with all of the creative prisons people will start building to try and break the mod.

Actually I think most people will start to put more thought in separating their prisons from their main base, in fear of getting run over by a huge raid just for 1 pesky prisoner.
It could add so much more strategy to the game.

Boboid

Yeah I'd most definitely separate my prison from my main base... and then reconstruct the wall all the raiders walked through to get to my prison and freeze them all to death.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

palandus

Or simply use Mechanical walls (from Mechanical Defense by mipen) and raise them. That's what I do for my furnace / flash freezer for dealing with raiders. I lower all the walls... they walk in, and then I raise all the walls trapping them inside.

FettaCheese

The biggest "problem" with this mod is that my colonist try to feed the prisoners while their out and about and just leave food everywhere...

Wastelander

Quote from: FettaCheese on February 08, 2015, 04:42:22 AM
The biggest "problem" with this mod is that my colonist try to feed the prisoners while their out and about and just leave food everywhere...

Did you try unchecking 'gets food' in the prisoner menu? I think that will make wardens stop hauling food to them.

I could look into making it so that box is unchecked by default, would that be better?

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Wastelander on February 08, 2015, 02:40:36 PM
Quote from: FettaCheese on February 08, 2015, 04:42:22 AM

Did you try unchecking 'gets food' in the prisoner menu? I think that will make wardens stop hauling food to them.

I could look into making it so that box is unchecked by default, would that be better?
I am also seeing an issue with the hoppers on the sides of the prison o mat. When the cook fills it the other people run in there and take the food back out to my freezer
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Wastelander

Quote from: Mechanoid HiveMind on February 08, 2015, 02:56:18 PM
I am also seeing an issue with the hoppers on the sides of the prison o mat. When the cook fills it the other people run in there and take the food back out to my freezer

Did that start happening with the installation of this mod? I don't think I messed with the hauling stuff at all...

Is the storage zone in the freezer is set to a higher priority than the hopper?

dareddevil7

i love this concept! Now all you need is to be able to execute prisoners by firing squad, so we need a way to line up prisoners against a wall

MrWashingToad

Have been using this with Epyk's pack - very little issues at all. Excellent work.
Kickstarter Influencer tier backer. Last Name in Game: Sewell
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrI_JSqof-Zk1j9-kBKXjQ
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/MrWashingToad
Twitter: @MrWashingToad