[A11b] Prison Improvements v1.1 updated by kexici

Started by Wastelander, February 05, 2015, 01:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

axenn

This is an excellent mod, must be implanted

Ninefinger

Quote from: axenn on April 26, 2015, 07:29:04 AM

this is an excellent mod and i was really looking forward to using it however Tynan removed the prisoners getting cabin fever and some other stuff so it made this mod useless :( i messaged Tynan to bring back the cabin fever debuff but maybe this mod can bring back the stuff Tynan took away and make it useful  again i would love it!

axenn

Not so useless because i seen 3 times whit the same prisoner,  fights. And i prefer to have a unique room to bring the meals.

HBKRKO619

It's not useless at all. I used this mod most of all for puting prison room without having to build a bed xD

AllenWL

Quote from: Ninefinger on April 26, 2015, 07:40:03 AM

this is an excellent mod and i was really looking forward to using it however Tynan removed the prisoners getting cabin fever and some other stuff so it made this mod useless :( i messaged Tynan to bring back the cabin fever debuff but maybe this mod can bring back the stuff Tynan took away and make it useful  again i would love it!

Not useless at all. For one, you can have separate rooms which allows you to avoid the 'sharing bedroom' debuff, let prisoners eat on a table without putting one in every room, and avoid the 'cramped space' debuff by letting the prisoners stay in a large 'common area' while they sleep in tiny rooms.

You can also put prisoners who are about to break in solitary cells to prevent fights between prisoners, and you can enslave prisoners who are too hard to recruit, so you don't have to waste resources trying to recruit them, get a mood debuff for selling them, or set them free.

Ninefinger

Quote from: AllenWL on April 27, 2015, 08:13:27 AM
Quote from: Ninefinger on April 26, 2015, 07:40:03 AM

Not useless at all. For one, you can have separate rooms which allows you to avoid the 'sharing bedroom' debuff, let prisoners eat on a table without putting one in every room, and avoid the 'cramped space' debuff by letting the prisoners stay in a large 'common area' while they sleep in tiny rooms.

You can also put prisoners who are about to break in solitary cells to prevent fights between prisoners, and you can enslave prisoners who are too hard to recruit, so you don't have to waste resources trying to recruit them, get a mood debuff for selling them, or set them free.

Well i suppose your right but it still needs to be updated ot alpha 10. :(

VonArens

Great mod, made my games so much more fun :)

Grynnreaper

does this work for A10? also someone mentioned "implanted". gave me ideas, slave implant to punish or terminate, same for prisoners. could be explosive or poison, or electrical. Doable?

StephenV25

Any word on alpha 10? such a great idea, i'd update it privately myself if i knew how

nmid

Would like to use this in A10, even if there is no more cabin fever.
Added to my watchlist.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

cuproPanda

Quote from: Grynnreaper on May 04, 2015, 06:39:48 PM
does this work for A10?

Quote from: StephenV25 on May 20, 2015, 06:29:58 PM
Any word on alpha 10? such a great idea, i'd update it privately myself if i knew how

It doesn't work directly(just trying to use the A9 mod with A10). We will have to wait for Wastelander to update. Sadly, I'm too busy to jump in and look under the hood to make small changes even for myself, considering I'd have to get familiar with all of how RW manages things. One small change Tynan makes could cost the mod dev hours or days of time to make the appropriate changes to update, given they even have that time, so we will have to wait. Besides, I have a sneaking suspicion we will be seeing prisoner doors soon in a main release.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

HBKRKO619

Yep, no more cabon fever but the possibility to create prison room without bed was for me the primary thing of this mod so I wait for the update to ^^

StephenV25

Quote from: cuproPanda on May 21, 2015, 09:55:55 AM

It doesn't work directly(just trying to use the A9 mod with A10). We will have to wait for Wastelander to update. Sadly, I'm too busy to jump in and look under the hood to make small changes even for myself, considering I'd have to get familiar with all of how RW manages things. One small change Tynan makes could cost the mod dev hours or days of time to make the appropriate changes to update, given they even have that time, so we will have to wait. Besides, I have a sneaking suspicious we will be seeing prisoner doors soon in a main release.

I understand that, i've done modding for other games and updates are always a pain, on the prisoners doors bit has that been said anywhere or just a gut feeling?

cuproPanda

Quote from: StephenV25 on May 21, 2015, 05:36:05 PM
on the prisoners doors bit has that been said anywhere or just a gut feeling?
Just a feeling. It's a pretty important addition that I feel RW is slightly incomplete without.

My A10 "prisons" have just been giant drunk-tanks or multiple bedrooms each needing food delivery, whereas in A9 I had cells, dining, and a comfort room (that nobody used). The cabin fever is one thing, but simply having prisoner doors removes the debuffs for sharing bedrooms and prevents more fights. Probably 1/2 of my A10 prisoners have been beaten to death by each other, but that's my fault for sticking 5-10 people in a room with some beds and a table
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

jerome736

Patiently waiting for this to be updated, can't wait to play Prison Architect in Rimworld again rather than my current prisons in the game where its one big mosh pit and people are losing limbs left and right everyday :S