[A11b] Prison Improvements v1.1 updated by kexici

Started by Wastelander, February 05, 2015, 01:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harpo99999

I am also missing the prison mod, but have not been able to find any posts by wastelander since late march, so it is suspisious that wastelander got wasted

Tynan

This mod actually does look really cool.

I'll have to write down some of these ideas; they're compelling.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Xubrim

The inclusion of at least the prison doors, giving each prisoner a cell, would be phenomenal.

harpo99999

unfortunately the prison doors also need the cameras to designate rooms without beds as prison space othewise you could set up a single bed prison room for EACH prisoner, just that the prisoners would be stuck in the single room till joining or released

cuproPanda

Quote from: harpo99999 on May 22, 2015, 08:20:11 PM
unfortunately the prison doors also need the cameras to designate rooms without beds as prison space othewise you could set up a single bed prison room for EACH prisoner, just that the prisoners would be stuck in the single room till joining or released

Couldn't the prison doors just count adjacent rooms as prison as well? It doesn't sound too hard; prison areas would (logically) always be sealed off by a sturdy door, which sets the boundary.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

harpo99999

what I described was how wastelander had his mod set up, with the prison doors between prison  rooms being usable by prisoners and colonists

skellitor301

I think the mod author is waiting for Tynan or something. Tynan replied to this thread, liking some of the ideas this mod brings so I think that's why there's not been an update yet (aka best guess)

BMS

removed prisoner getting cabin fever i think and X'd the jumping off point?
Shackleberry: Would be useful if there was an XSD (XML Schema Definition) for each of the XML files, would make validating XML between version far easier.

Goldsmyths

After getting raided by... lost count at 100 units, a dozen times. I was keeping like 75 prisoners. And was only recruiting 10 out of those 75. I wish there was a way to "select owner" prison beds. That would make it more reasonable than changing beds to medical or deconstructing just to move prisoners to different cells. I'd prefer to isolate the more abrasive and ofter berserking prisoners so they won't bother the rest. My last marathon felt more like Prison Architect while burning hundreds of zombie and human corpses.

tl;dr, any "easy" way to convert this mod to Alpha 11?
Or a way to isolate happenings to one room, since killing, selling or harvesting organs from other prisoners seems to be announced via Public Announcement and everybody's upset.

XxMSWShadowxX

Oh please all mighty Wastelander please update your mod! This made prisoner management much less frustrating!
Virtus, honor, victoria, qualis fides magnatorum effodit.

Gyges666

kexici

Hi i update the mod a heavy reduce them to only CellDoor.
You can make big prison with outdoor blocks a separe cells. (Recommed use SC core -> add fence ;) )

[attachment deleted due to age]

Pheanox

Does this actually work?  Do the cell doors like mark rooms on both sides as prison rooms?  If not, then the camera is still needed to make common rooms in to prison rooms or there really isn't a point to this mod.

skellitor301

If it doesn't mark the room and the prisoner can go through it, then the cell would not be able to be used as a prison because it would fail the games parameters to be an enclosed prison zone. If he updated it correctly the game would automatically zone the common rooms and yards as prison zones