[A11b] Prison Improvements v1.1 updated by kexici

Started by Wastelander, February 05, 2015, 01:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muffins

Quote from: Boboid on February 05, 2015, 02:19:25 AM
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever :P

Tears of laughter are streaming down my face. That's so cleverly callous lol

Igabod

Quote from: Boboid on February 05, 2015, 02:19:25 AM
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

Lol that last part is going to be one of those memorable quotes related to Rimworld. I'm going to find myself saying "Legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever" to a friend in the near future and it's going to completely baffle them.

Boboid

"Ah yes, hello Mr..Steven let me be the first to say "Welcome to the colony!" I'm sure you're going to love it here - Now I know you're a bit shot up but don't worry I'm going to pass you along to my colleague here and he'll have you right as rain in no time"

"Hello Mr Steven, quite the fight going on out there eh? Still, looks like you're one of the lucky ones, just a flesh wound on your arm there! The unlucky ones go to the Larder and the Tailor, naturally. Don't worry about that though - you're fine! Just lie back,relax, and we'll have that sorted in just a moment."

"Nurse, pass the bone-saw."

My colonies are wonderful places to live be.

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Vonholtz

LoL this looks so good I would have to wounder will cabin fever be replaced with prisoners being shanked in the yard. I will have to try this out. Hell just for the prison mark alone if not for the rest as well.

arammco

I don't find the yard marker in which category it is?

Asfalto

shhfiftyfive

Quote from: Wastelander on February 05, 2015, 01:53:42 AM
Yards
Prisoners with cabin fever will automatically seek out open prison spaces to exercise. An open space is defined by the game as a 'room' with at least 300 unroofed tiles. (if you notice your prisoners refusing to go exercise, it's probably because the yard is too small.)

300? is that a typo? did you mean 30?

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Wastelander

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

QuoteA prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

That's hilarious, wish I knew that!

QuoteMake the marker a phonebox or a weights bench or something that isnt a "marker". Other than that great job and a good solution to the multiple prisoner rooms "issue".
Good idea, thanks!

QuoteI don't find the yard marker in which category it is?
There's no specific marker for a yard, just create a big (300 sq.) unroofed room and mark it as jail (with the prison marker or a prison bed).

Quote300? is that a typo? did you mean 30?
Technical answer: You have to be 'psychologically outdoors' once per day to counteract Cabin Fever; you're only psychologically outdoors if you're in a 'room' with at least 300 open-roofed tiles. I can't override that behavior in the core game.
In-universe answer: You can't get a good jog going in 299 tiles... what's the point of even going outside? :)

palandus

Nice mod. I like!

Any thoughts on having specific prisoner only stuff?
ie: Prisoner Beds (that only Prisoners can sleep in ever; cheaper to make than regular beds)
Prisoner Meals (Good and nutritious food but very bland tasting)
Prisoner Clothes (So that you can pick out your colonists from the prisoners)
Prisoner Strait Jacket (if a prisoner suffers from a mental break they cannot attack anyone)
Prisoner Shock Baton (Only affects prisoners, and it incaps any that are hit by it, to quell rebelling prisoners who are suffering mental breaks; deals little damage but has extremely high incap chance)

Derringer97

You are amazing. Been waiting forever for a mod like this ;D

Humort

Quote from: Тайнан on February 05, 2015, 02:09:24 AMнекоторые великие идеи здесь.

Если смотреть в запросах модов, я был одним из авторов идеи этого мода, а собственно, дверей для заключённых, очень надеюсь, что эта идея, будет официально воплощена, в игре....
I speak Russian if you don't understand that I wrote, Google Translator is guilty of it

Mechanoid Hivemind

Um i just got insane lag when i started up and i checked and unchecked mods and found its yours. When i pull the prison marker thing out, like have it selected to put down, my game drops frames so fast its unreal. i run at about 150ish and when i pull that out it goes to like 20ish instantly. Its just with your mod i dont dare run any others with it  :'( . So can you look in to it for me/us?
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Wastelander

Hm, that must be the placeworker, a piece of code that runs when you have it selected but before you place it, and figures out if the spot you're choosing is legal. I see it a bit now too, now that you mention it, but not nearly that drastic.

Does it only happen if you're mousing over a large open space?

Mekintos

Prison architect now officially sucks! :D kidding, this mod makes RW even more amusing.