[WIP] Fallout Universe Mod

Started by Cryusaki, February 05, 2015, 03:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cryusaki

Bringing the Capital Wasteland to Rimworld, this mod/texture pack plans to incorporate many elements from the Fallout Universe into the game to make you wish for a nuclear winter. The planned features are listed below, I am looking for help. A C# programmer (I know C++ so I may give this a shot myself) , another pixel artist who can replicate the style I am going for as well as a writer to write back stories fit of Fallout lore.

Team
Lead/Artist: Cryusaki
Artist:
Programmer:
Writer:

Factions
Vault Residents: 10%
Enclave: 0%
Brotherhood of Steel: 0%
Raiders: 5%
Mutants: 0%
Weapons
Ranged: 10%
Melee: 0%
Textures
Vault Tec: 0%
Raiders: 0%
BoS: 0%

I made a Wikia to also mark the progress of this mod, keep it in mind it is very WIP as I am still learning how to use the site.
Wikia Link: http://rimworldfalloutuniverse.wikia.com/

Finally these are the sprites I have created, the clothes and weapons are on seperate layers of course. Constructive Critisism is welcome via PM or comment. :)

Dragoon

Nice  ;) I have some questions.
1. Are vaults going to randomly spawn on maps ?( would be cool )
2. Mutants are they going to recruitable/creatable (I'm thinking about super mutants) ?
3. As far as backstories/traits are concerned how will they affect the pawns ( example : raider for life = plus to guns or something or bonus with raider faction negative with vault) ?
4. How far/much are you going to added in terms of weapons and armor and will they be from all fallout or just fallout 3 and or new vegas ?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Cryusaki

1. The main plan is to select from prebuilt vaults that have certain conditions. For example. Vault 72 (Arbitrary number) is designed to house a single resident. Vault 16 is designed to house pacifists with a single bloodlust cannibal. Similar to the lore of Fallout and you would then play as the citizens of that vault that may or may not explore the wasteland.
Still learning the extent of the power of modding but if possible then finding other vaults would be a cool addition.
2. Good idea, feral ghouls would not be for obvious reasons but there are intelligent ghouls and supermutants, will think about that one more when the time comes.
3. You got it, just to keep it consistent with fallout, makes no sense for a vault dweller to have traveled space, this is where power armor training would come in.
4. I plan to add the main weapons you would see in the games from 3 and NV. Assault Rifles, Hunting Rifles, 10mm Pistol, etc. However guns are easy to make so down the road if I feel the need there is no reason not to add more obscure ones.

tresflores

Quote from: Cryusaki on February 05, 2015, 05:19:16 PM
1. The main plan is to select from prebuilt vaults that have certain conditions. For example. Vault 72 (Arbitrary number) is designed to house a single resident. Vault 16 is designed to house pacifists with a single bloodlust cannibal. Similar to the lore of Fallout and you would then play as the citizens of that vault that may or may not explore the wasteland.
Still learning the extent of the power of modding but if possible then finding other vaults would be a cool addition.
2. Good idea, feral ghouls would not be for obvious reasons but there are intelligent ghouls and supermutants, will think about that one more when the time comes.
3. You got it, just to keep it consistent with fallout, makes no sense for a vault dweller to have traveled space, this is where power armor training would come in.
4. I plan to add the main weapons you would see in the games from 3 and NV. Assault Rifles, Hunting Rifles, 10mm Pistol, etc. However guns are easy to make so down the road if I feel the need there is no reason not to add more obscure ones.

if you can do anything you say here (especially the born in a vault may or my not explore watland area ) i would be sooo...... thankful and alote of other guys would be too

colquebec

I was actually just thinking of trying to make a mod like this. If you need help with backstories, or any other kind of writing, I am willing to help.

Dragoon

Thanks for answering my questions. I do have 1 more question though.  :-\
1. on the topic of weapons down the road
(since in 100% honesty weapons/armor is not the most important thing ill admit )
will you be adding any main weapons from fallout add-ons weapons/armor
(from say mother ship zeta or old world blues)?

oh and the radiation mod has random spawning barrels you could look at that/ask them if you need info on random spawning vaults.

Quote from: colquebec on February 05, 2015, 09:52:18 PM
-snip-
welcome to rimworld colquebec
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Orion

Actually, my radiation mod even has randomly spawned hidden rooms. So a good start for generating vaults. If you need the mod source, feel free to send me a pm.