Chapter 1: Together We Survive

Started by litenthadark, February 06, 2015, 05:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

litenthadark

Prologue: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10072.msg99755#msg99755
Chapter 2: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10165.0

March 1st

As my eyes adjust to the light level outside of the pod, I take in my surroundings. Behind me, a mountain. In front of me, a lake. Not that any of this would matter if I didn't find some sort of shelter. I quickly grabbed the Mk1 Laser Pistol in the pod, then start debating on which direction to set off in. However, before I could make a choice a burning wreck flies above me, moving towards the ground with rapid speed. The wreckage (which appeared to be part of the cryo deck) hurtles over a nearby hill, and impacts, causing a small explosion and the sound of tearing metal to be heard even from this distance away.

I rush in the direction of the wreckage, but as I crested the hill, I saw a woman dragging another woman's limp body away from the crash site. There were 2 men, both cut up, one missing the lower half of his body, and another rolling around, covered in fire. His screams echoed on the nearby mountain's walls. It sent chills down my spine, but I quickly ran to the woman. Her face was covered in blood, her jaw appeared to be displaced, and her right arm was completely severed. The woman she was dragging was bruised with blood gushing out of her right leg. The woman with the missing arm collapsed in front of me. Adrenaline pumping,  I put the armless woman on my shoulder, and dragged the other towards the lake where I had landed. The other man had stopped screaming.

As the sun rose over the hill, I carefully set down the two women. Another set of cryo pods landed nearby, and I quickly sprinted over. To my surprise, the armless woman had stood back up, and was running behind me. I stopped, and yelled, "No! Go back! You need to rest!" She simply shook her head, and jogged past me, towards the crash site. I stared at her, and wondered what would possess her to be so strong. I followed her, and as we reached the crash site, we found a horrific site. One man was dead, the entire front of his body shredded from the impact. Another man was missing his left arm and leg, unconscious. Another man had a large chunk out of his shoulder, and was holding his eye with his good arm, screaming in agony. The third survivor was simply holding his left arm, and examining it. He was clearly in shock, due to the fact that hid left arm had been completely detached from his body. I grabbed the man missing his arm and leg and quickly threw him on my shoulder. I grabbed the man holding his face by the leg. He struggled for a moment, then passed out. The woman helped the other injured man stand up, and walk towards our makeshift camp.

We returned to the camp and set down the injured. However, there was no time to rest, as another set of cryo pods flew past us and exploded less than 200 yards from us. Not knowing the armless woman's name, I got her attention with a quick wave. "Do you have any medical experience?" She nodded. "I'm going to check out the other crash site. Stay here and make sure no one dies!" I didn't wait around for the nod, and took off in the direction of the pods. As I got there, the fire was already spreding. I checked the first two bodies I came across. Dead. Suddenly, one of the damaged pods opened, and a man stepped out. "Ugh... What the fuck just happened?" He stumbled out of the pod, and I got a good look at him. His foot had been crushed to a bloody pancake. "HOLY SHIT MY FOOT!" "It's going to be fine! Just come with me!" "FINE?! DO YOU SEE MY FUCKING FOOT?!" I ignore his yells, grabbing him around the waist and helping him walk towards the camp. As we begin to walk back, I see another object fall out of the clouds. "Damnit..."

The ship's reactor, still mostly intact, hurtles towards us with deadly speed. When that thing lands, it's going to be a problem. Worst case scenario, it kills us immediately in a nuclear ball of fire. Even worse, it doesn't explode, but it's containment shield breaks, spreading radiation around the area. "We might want to start hopping faster." "Dude, you don't need to tell me twice." The reactor impacts behind us, right on top of the pods. Shattered trees and rocks fly everywhere, including one particularly large piece of tree that tears the man's arm off. "GAH! FUCK! WHAT! WHY ME? THERE'S THIS FUCKING GUY RIGHT HERE!" He was right, I was incredibly lucky. Minus the few scratches and bruises, I was fine. We hobble back to the camp, where a bigger problem has just surfaced. Fire was spreading inch by inch towards the injured we had set down near the mountain.

The woman was desperately fending off the flames, using a chunk of metal as a makeshift bucket. I find another chunk, and do the same. Thank God for the lake. We threw water at the fire for what felt like hours, trying to keep the other survivors safe. She was remarkably strong, especially considering her injuries. However, after some time, she was slowing down, her one arm unable to keep holding the makeshift bucket. "Hey! Just focus on tending to the others. I can handle this!" For another hour I fought the fire, doing my best to keep it back. Small burns covered my hands, but I pressed on. Too many people had died today. I couldn't let any more make that sacrifice.

After another hour of fighting the fire, it stared to rain. My arms hurt. My face, arms, and hands were covered with burns. But the fire was slowly dying, it's flicks into the sky futile as the rain drowned it out. The woman had found the large medical bag in my drop pod and gone to work, using as much as she could to patch up our wounded. It wasn't quite enough though, and many of them were patched with torn clothes. They were alive though, and that's what counted. The woman looked tired, and I had her lay down so I could inspect her jaw. It was broken, terribly. No wonder she hadn't spoken to me. I carefully set it back in place, and re-bandaged her arm. As the rain poured over us, I collapsed onto the ground, tired and worn out. Our wounded were stable, at least for now. We only had enough food for a few days, but that didn't matter. What mattered at that moment was that we were alive.

Together, we survived the hardest moment of today. Now it was just a matter of figuring out what to do next.

[End Chapter 1]

Hope you all liked the first part of this story! I really would love to continue it, just want to get feedback to make sure people are actually interested :P I have a lot of gameplay and story to go through, and love writing this stuff! So please, let me know what you think, and if I get some feedback, Chapter 2 can be up as soon as tomorrow :)

~Litenthadark

Prologue: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10072.msg99755#msg99755
Chapter 2: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10165.0

Gonumen

I think you do a great job, keep it up. I'm already looking forward next part!

litenthadark

Quote from: Gonumen on February 06, 2015, 08:26:17 AM
I think you do a great job, keep it up. I'm already looking forward next part!

Thanks man :) I'll hopefully be able to post part 2 tonight. At the latest, tomorrow morning.

milon

Mechanoid Hivemind

+9 from me keep it up!!! (btw what mods you useing?) ;)
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

litenthadark

Quote from: Mechanoid HiveMind on February 06, 2015, 04:58:22 PM
+9 from me keep it up!!! (btw what mods you useing?) ;)

Thanks man :D I'm glad you guys like it :)

I knew someone would ask that ;) Here it is:
AdvancedLamps
AutoHauler
AutoHuntBeacon
Biodiversity
Canned Food
CentralHeatingMod
CombatRealism
CombatRealismDefence
Core
CrashLanding
Crawlies
EdBInterface
EdBPrepareCarefully
EDC_Trader100
EMPpistol
ExtraResearchTables1.4
GCRD-Auto Doctor
GCRD-Core
GCRD-Source
Industrialisation
LessIncidentTrolling
Mechanical-Defence-2-Master
MoreHair
Norbals
ProjectArmory217 (Modified for Combat realism)
SurgeryExtendedAndBionics
Turret Collection
VeinMiner

That's all of them :3

tuver

+1; please sir, can I have some more

litenthadark

Mechanoid Hivemind

The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

litenthadark

Quote from: Mechanoid HiveMind on February 07, 2015, 02:14:59 AM
Quote from: litenthadark on February 06, 2015, 11:19:04 PM
Quote from: tuver on February 06, 2015, 10:46:55 PM
+1; please sir, can I have some more

In about 4 hours you can :)
But but but i dont wanna wait 4 hours :(

Lol I just got home, going to finish up chapter 2 now :3

Mechanoid Hivemind

milon