[Balance] Balancing mood buffs.

Started by Ironvos, February 07, 2015, 07:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironvos

When playing the game i often feel like the buffs and debuffs are somewhat out of control.

Imo it would be nice if mood buffs had some sort of mood category to belong to. Those categories would be what determines the final mood. And each category should have a certain cap, either soft or hard cap to make sure that no buffs get insanely low or high.

There could be a category for all food buffs, for environment beauty, comfort (sleeping, eating off the floor etc.) , health, psychology (dead people, slaves), and so on.

This would also make the mood overview a bit more structured. You can still add a button to expand the category to view all the specific buffs inside for details.

It might also make the game feel a bit more organic, as you would at glance be able to see what category you are doing terrible at, and you might act accordingly to add things to buff the mood.
Like if people complain about terrible food, you're not going to solve it by building a gold statue because environment might be maxed already, and you actually would need to make decent food.

Anyway it's something i've had on my mind for a while now, and especially since every alpha new moods are introduced (A9: intoxication, disturbed sleep, ..) it could use some structuring.

Tynan

This is a worthwhile idea, but it doesn't belong in a testing forum. I'll move it to Suggestions now.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

StorymasterQ

"Nutrient paste again?! This is the worst."
"Hey, at least we get to eat it while looking at that golden statue."
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here