Silly Ideas

Started by Nocebo, November 11, 2013, 09:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Semmy

Please behave respectfull and keep this ontopic.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Ender

whilst researching, your scientist discovers the answer to life, the universe and everything, 42. that is all for my silly idea.
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

Untrustedlife

This seems extremely neat,I was going to make a thread for this but:
might I add Space anomalies like what happened multiple times non star trek.

I'm talking weird time-space- disturbances that cause strange things to happen, one of your colonists gets cloned after walking into an anomaly, the clone is evil.
suddenly a bunch of plants randomly grow in one location , a sink hole forms. etc.
colonists get flung around for awhile.

An anomaly forms near your reactor (or some other thing) the object is turned into a windmill.

colonist walks into one, is torn in half.

Some weird person walks out of the anomaly hangs around for a while and walks away.

Somebody comes out of one, e is dressed in medievel tech level clothes,.. freaks out since he just got teleported into your base where the anomaly is.

Things like that.
Obviously the space anomalies would be extremely rare and you would get a notification when they happen.

Isn't space fun?
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Galileus

Anomalies are a fun way to go - though I think I would prefer mine in a planetary format ;)

parkourwalrus

New research- "not again" allows you to build a laser designator that allows for orbital potted plant bombings. 8)

Ender

Quote from: parkourwalrus on January 08, 2014, 12:24:29 PM
New research- "not again" allows you to build a laser designator that allows for orbital potted plant bombings. 8)
Perfect!

palandus

And do these potted plants on occasion turn into whales that think they can fly?

Galileus

Re-using reference already proposed and used in the topic ^^'

Well... I like my one better :P

Ender

Quote from: Galileus on January 08, 2014, 04:41:25 PM

Re-using reference already proposed and used in the topic ^^'

Well... I like my one better :P
But its ok since his reference was better than mine :P

Galileus

Crap, true... third reference to THG2TG, second one for the potted plant... darn, that book be popular.