Hauling overhaul

Started by Argon, February 09, 2015, 12:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argon

So a huge problem for the infini-players like me is the accumulation of junk both around the map and even worse, in killboxes, to the point where a third of one's colony are priority one haulers just to manage the accumulation. a solution would be to assign an arbitrary weight scale to the items with "1" being the max a colonist can carry. Colonists, when hauling items less than .5 on the scale would try to pick up another of the same item in the vicinity, and so on until they are maxed, at which point they would return to the stockpile.
Example: Tom the settler picks up a synthread t shirt. A t shirt weighs .2 on the arbitrary scale, Tom colonist then picks up four more t shirts of various materials before hauling to the stockpile.
A system like this could vastly improve hauling efficiency and make infinite play that much closer to possible.

-Argon

200Down

Gotta love that one. I give up eventually and just let it all burn. End game I hardly even pick anything up  ;D

OldVamp

yeah at some point it just becomes easier to haul weapons, apparel, and bodies to an 'incinerator' room, lock the door, and toss a Molotov in it.

There have been some hauling changes mentioned in the change log, we will see..
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_rCdGYp3nbSUXFG4Ky96RZW1cJGt9g_6ANZZPOHyNsg/pub

Colonists, when hauling to stockpiles, always haul the max amount they can carry, and drop the extra nearby if the target cell can’t hold it all.

Finished up core of AI optimization for hauling. Massive gains have been achieved.

[attachment deleted due to age]
It may be working as intended, but
what was intended is not working.