Can we PLEASE! get improved control over the growing and storage areas?

Started by Sion, February 09, 2015, 03:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sion

Tynan, can we PLEASE!!! get improved control over the growing areas?

In this picture, I don't want Nerhesi to run away to harvest some unimportant strawberries, nor anything in the hydroponic tables too, I want her to plant the much more important Devilstrand and only Devilstrand nothing else.
I just want her to do 3 simple things: Eat, sleep and plant Devilstrand, that's it, until the field is done.

Another problem I have is with the storage areas, I need to control how many items is to be stored in them, but I can not, because I don't want the colonist to run away and store my entire colony's food supply in a warm room where it is going to spoil in 3 days, (see to the left where Maker stands), I want to store 1 and only one item of food in the stockpile, but now it stores 10 instead.
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

inman30

The best thing you can do atm is set certain items you want in a stockpile to be put in it only and vice versa. You want packaged survival meals in this storage but not in that one? Just deselect packaged survival meals in one stock pile, in the other have it set for only packaged survival meals. Also there's a priority tab on top of all of the zones to add more precision.

ManWithNoName

Will admit id like more control over storage specially when it comes to clothing (save x amout of parkas, armour certain weapons etc).

As for food, once i make a frozen area i set that to important (food only) so all food is taken there, then i have a 1x1 or a 2x1 area set to critical next to the table (cooked meals only) so they have less walking to do. I saw this on a youtube video i think it was seems to work well.

rephikul

Lock the door. Feed him through a crack. Literally.

W
W
W@
FWWWW

W: wall
@: indoor grower
F: Food
[/cpde]

Kegereneku

I was going to say the same thing, lock the door.

For the rest you have already enough control. You can separate every single piece of food in separate stockpile. And if you really need to put stockpile in warm place you can give them low space low priority.

Would like more control over my colonist wardrobe, it's already bad enough I can't tell if they are wearing pant...
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Sion

Yes, I did figure out that I could lock him in eventually, but that's not the point, the point is that the game lacks controls to the point where you have to make a "prisoner" out of your colonists to make them do what you want, that is wrong!

Eleazar

Quote from: ManWithNoName on February 10, 2015, 04:29:02 AM
Will admit id like more control over storage specially when it comes to clothing (save x amout of parkas, armour certain weapons etc).

Then make a stockpile X cells big and set it for parkas only.

Sion

Quote from: Eleazar on February 10, 2015, 08:35:39 AM

Ok, but lets say you want a stockpile of only Devilstrand Parkas, or just Devilstrand cloths in general, how would you do that?

RickyMartini

Quote from: Sion on February 10, 2015, 09:10:23 AM

Ok, but lets say you want a stockpile of only Devilstrand Parkas, or just Devilstrand cloths in general, how would you do that?

You're right that isn't possible at the moment, but why would you want that feature? You have to remember that this game is about simulating a colony and not about micromanaging a clothing store. I suppose it will never be possible to make zones just for that. You can make a parkas only zone just not a devilstrand parka only zone.

ManWithNoName

I know i can make a box x wide and x long but, that does not help to sort them outwhich is what me and sion are on about ok i admit i see bigger things as i would like a wardrobe for each colonist where he can change is clothing depending on weather but thats another thing.

Quote from: Skissor on February 10, 2015, 10:17:19 AM
You're right that isn't possible at the moment, but why would you want that feature?

Because you only want the best items for your colonists. Cloth parkas offer the least protection against sharp (bullets) at 3% where as devilstrand offers 16% the more protected your colonists are the better.

Sion

Quote from: ManWithNoName on February 10, 2015, 11:06:19 AM
Quote from: Skissor on February 10, 2015, 10:17:19 AM
You're right that isn't possible at the moment, but why would you want that feature?

Because you only want the best items for your colonists. Cloth parkas offer the least protection against sharp (bullets) at 3% where as devilstrand offers 16% the more protected your colonists are the better.

Exactly, I would want an armory with only the best cloths and weapons in it, preferably sorted in nice categories, so I can draft everyone, order them to pick up whatever they need for the fight, without needing to mess around with clothes of lesser materials that belong in the trading area.

RickyMartini

Ok, fair enough. Now I remember a problem I had all the time, tribes attack so many times I had tribalwear and parkas everywhere so I wanted to get rid of them but didn't want my own crafted parkas to get burned too. The crematorium makes no distinction for that.

ManWithNoName

Skizzor have you checked out this mod: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=8698.0 you need the two files in the first post autohauler & alphatweeks. Now, before you activate the mod its best to actually activate auto stripping of corpses by doing the following.

Edit: Mods\AlphaTweaks\Defs\WorkGiverDefs.xml
Change: Change line 31
<defName>StripCorpses</defName>
"<priorityInType>5</priorityInType>" to <priorityInType>20</priorityInType>

once you done that all items in your home area are desinated to be hauled and all bodys are auto stripped before ebing buried/cremated.

Oh, make a backup of your save as i have no idea if it will ruin an old save.

Cryonist

Quote from: Sion on February 10, 2015, 09:10:23 AM

You need devilstrand parka's for your colonist right? Those that raiders drop you can just equip right away and those you craft yourself you can keep separate by creating a stockpile with the same priority as the raiders stockpile but next to the crafting table. Only the parka's you craft will go to that stockpile (unless your other stockpile is full).

Quote from: Skissor on February 10, 2015, 12:06:36 PM
Ok, fair enough. Now I remember a problem I had all the time, tribes attack so many times I had tribalwear and parkas everywhere so I wanted to get rid of them but didn't want my own crafted parkas to get burned too. The crematorium makes no distinction for that.

Thats also quite possible either, use the distance to the crematorium to make sure your parkas dont burn. Place you're own parka's are further away from crematorium then the piles of raider parka's and turn it off when you burn through most parka's.

Still, a feature that you can assign a colonist to a task like building a specific large wall or growing in a specific zone until cancelled would be awesome.

RickyMartini

Well the problem with that is that you are micromanaging all the time..... The issue is with that, I know it's possible to somehow make it but it shouldn't be like that