Can we PLEASE! get improved control over the growing and storage areas?

Started by Sion, February 09, 2015, 03:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vexare

Is there no way to specify a stockpile is "no-touch" like you do other things so that colonists don't burn up parkas you have there? I guess that only helps if everything in that stockpile is a parka to start with though. Still learning the game so I don't remember right now if you can turn stockpiles off and on like you can production items or individual items without a stockpile.

Also you could create a stockpile of just parkas and then delete the stockpile boundary around the parkas and put the X on them so they don't get picked up, right?

Cryonist

Quote from: Vexare on February 11, 2015, 12:43:58 PM
Is there no way to specify a stockpile is "no-touch" like you do other things so that colonists don't burn up parkas you have there? I guess that only helps if everything in that stockpile is a parka to start with though. Still learning the game so I don't remember right now if you can turn stockpiles off and on like you can production items or individual items without a stockpile.

Also you could create a stockpile of just parkas and then delete the stockpile boundary around the parkas and put the X on them so they don't get picked up, right?

Yeah even without removing the stockpile.

Vexare

Quote from: Cryonist on February 11, 2015, 01:06:05 PM
Quote from: Vexare on February 11, 2015, 12:43:58 PM

Yeah even without removing the stockpile.

Ok so that's how I'd handle the problem of burning cloth without burning parkas then - specify a parkas stockpile as no-touch. I've only just had an incinerator long enough to burn cloth items and ended up just turning it off when I didn't have time to micromanage clothing sorting. (Also pausing clothing burning bill is helpful)

200Down

Need better methods for that clothing buring.. that's just a workaround.
1. Add an advanced clothing filter to the crematorium which has all clothing with material types. Somewhat like the current stockpiles but material headers.
2. Allow ANY action on forbidden items if it's chosen by the user directly. This should already be part of the forbid system and it's plain idiotic that it limits the user directed orders in ANY way.

Hell, I think both are almost necessary. Just my 10 cents though or maybe 30 cents. :P