Assignable workbenches (with poll)

Started by elStrages, February 11, 2015, 04:19:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think assignable work benches are a good idea?

Yes
No
Doesnt effect me

elStrages

Short point:
The title says it all.

Long point:
Assuming a specific workbench to a certain pawn will make it easier for you to develope your pawns. They could concentrate on a specific skill or no skill this making your colony easier to grow.
Assigning a workbench to a pawn would mean that they alone could use the workbench. Unassigned workbenches can be used by all.
An expansion on this is to have the ability to assign several people.
Overall this would give you the ability to train one person in crafting to gain skill whilst others can do dumb labour. It would also stop clogging of the workbench e.g. The sculpture table with several users with half finished sculptures.

Your thoughts are welcome

Added a poll to see if you think it's a good idea.

Argon

Assignable bills as well. It would allow a low skill colonist to make wooden shivs for metal farming, while simultaneously allowing your crafting master to make plaststeel longswords for your brawlers.  All at the same bench.

-Argon

RickyMartini

Yes, you will realize almost instantly that this is needed as soon as you start using plasteel for sculptures etc.

Darth Fool

I actually like and have proposed the idea of extending ownership to everything.  Thus, just like beds, you could assign ownership to benches, doors, zones, in fact, anything that colonists interact with.

muffins

Quote from: Skissor on February 12, 2015, 09:56:52 PM
Yes, you will realize almost instantly that this is needed as soon as you start using plasteel for sculptures etc.

Been there, done that, raged at the 3-skill pawn who wasted all my gold lol

200Down

If it's a choice between different crafting additions. Then I'd likely choose this:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10308.0

If he want's to do both. Then it's a definite, yes both please :)
Just saying if he could add them both without turning the crafting options window into a total clusterfk to sift through it would be nice. Not crazy about another stockpile window.