[A16] Roof Support Tool (Formerly Roof Support Guides)

Started by Rock5, February 11, 2015, 07:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock5

ROOF SUPPORT TOOL

Description:
A measuring tool to show you roof support range, wherever you point. You can also click, to stamp a circle of planning designators to help you. The center of the circle will be clear to show you where to place the wall. Use the Plan Canceling designator to clear the planning marks as usual.

This mod should be save game friendly and not conflict with any other mods.

Author
Rock5

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

License:
You can freely use this mod in a mod pack, modifying it to make it compatible, if you wish.
You can update it and re-release it if I haven't been on the forum for awhile and don't respond to messages.

Download including source
https://github.com/Rock5/RoofSupportTool

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

StorymasterQ

This is actually a good tool to have. Something I'd suggest is that the range has some sort of shade or color like the regions so gaps are even more easier to spot.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Rock5

Yes, definitely. But this mod just uses xmls and I don't think that is possible with just xmls. If it's possible it would require dlls which I haven't gotten into yet.

Actually the first idea I had, to deal with finding holes in roofs, was to have a button you would press and it would highlight all the roofs. But again this would require a dll. So I came up with these mods, which are within my skills range, as an alternative.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Rock5

Updated to version 1.1 for Alpha 9.

Now's time to try that rock version. :)
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

deadlydullahan

Does this work for alpha 10? I hate losing a colonist to collapses by accident and having to use the plans tool to scope out the proper range prior to prevent collapse.

PhoenixDIE

I to would like to know if this works for alpha 10. if not any chance someones updating it? this would save alot of lives :D

PhoenixDIE

Iridescens

Pretty handy tool, but some minor bugfeatures encountered, if you pardon me:

0) Updated to Alpha 10 -> Thread name still reads '9' -> Some people may miss it.
1) <description>A set of electrical cables for moving power around.</description> in xml;
2) It's not actually a 'TOOL' (like 'Planning tool'), but a building; <- just a whine, not really a bug, since messing with orders menu is much pain right now. (VeinMiner and MorePlanning are conflicting over Orders tab)
3) It ceases to show radius when moused-over existing buildings.

dismar

I only updated the tags to work in a10. I'm not the org. author so i can't make changes to the OP. Limits to the "tool" were described from the author. :) I only updated these so i can use them in a10. If the is interest from anyone then i post my updates, which the Original Author can use as he/she wishes too. Many thanks to Rock for his/her work on this.

nmid

I had this mod on my watchlist... was waiting for the update, but was using the inbuilt rock pillar from the overhaul mod pack.

Having the graphical view of roof support would be very useful.
Ty rock5 and dismar.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Iridescens

Quote from: dismar on June 05, 2015, 09:57:30 PM
I only updated the tags to work in a10. I'm not the org. author so i can't make changes to the OP. Limits to the "tool" were described from the author. :) I only updated these so i can use them in a10. If the is interest from anyone then i post my updates, which the Original Author can use as he/she wishes too. Many thanks to Rock for his/her work on this.
Whooops, didn't see that you are not the OP, sorry!
And, well, I would like to see your updates here :-) Tried it myself, but it seems that the only solution to my list would be a dll-mod, with a likely conflict with other mods with added Orders. And I am really bad at dll-modding. My best shot was to check 'More Planning' by @MarvinKosh and be overwhelmed with all those functions (had yet to get ILSpy).

Rock5

I've updated to Alpha 13.

Tool also has a new look. Check it out.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10320.0
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

mussi

Pretty useful mod. You should ask Evul or another moderator to move it from the Outdated subforum.